GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

theoh MK7 GTI build thread

theohdolphillus

Passed Driver's Ed
Hello everyone, not sure if anyone will be looking at this, but my main reason for posting is to simply keep track of future modifications.

I purchased a 2017 gti se in night blue metallic.

whats been done to it so far
1. tint- ended up with 10% rear, 25% front (originally wanted 15% in front, but they didn't have it :(
2. muffler delete (removed, back to stock catback)
update: 10.31.18
3. bc racing extreme low coilovers
4. all fit lip
update: 3/2019
5. snow guard removal w/ new drop in (forgot which one)
6. ecs tuning street shield/ steel oil pan
7. eurocode front and rear adjustable end links
8. ngk spark plugs
9. dogbone mount
10. BOV adapter

Future Mods in the order I plan on getting them
1. unitronic stage 1 ecu and tcu
2. neuspeed race springs, koni sport shocks, ecs flush kit
3. all fit lip kit for bumper
4. aeroflow front splitter
5. rotiform ind-t
6. coilovers (eventually)
7. intake (not sure which one yet)

I'll post pics periodically as I start getting things installed :))))

Update: car is currently in body shop after car accident, things aren't looking so good
UPDATE 3/2019: suspension mods for now, tuning and go fast parts later

Last edited:

theohdolphillus

Passed Driver's Ed
Tint

Got her tinted 10% in the rear, 25% in the front

Pics are at night, so both look pretty dark, I'll have pics taken during daytime in another reply.

Last edited:

theohdolphillus

Passed Driver's Ed
Got the muffler delete yesterday!

Got my suitcase muffler deleted yesterday for a pretty reasonable price in the OC area; I brought in the tips that I wanted to use, which I'm not too sure if I'm a fan of the combo with the night blue metallic :confused: (what do you guys think? I think it may look less 'rice' once lowered a bit)

shoutout to @WhenzLunch for the link to the burnt exhaust tips though

I'm also gonna post a few exhaust clips on my youtube, just to add to the dozens already on there haha

Took Ilianna out today in the morning to grab a couple of pics for yall, and for myself.

Last edited:

PLF8593

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
19 Alltrack 6MT
The backup cam isnt enough?? I just got an S model w/out backup cam and I'm really missing it now. Makes Philly parking a very nervous endeavor. I'm super paranoid about it, so I put it in neutral, pull the handbrake, and get out of the car to see how much space i have. I then crank the wheel, and use the handbrake with myself outside of the car to get into spots[emoji23]

Simply dont trust myself. I am somewhat spatially challenged.

theohdolphillus

Passed Driver's Ed
I am somewhat spatially challenged.

haha, I am definitely spatially challenged as well!

I'm all good for the rear bc of the rear back up camera, but its the front I'm worried about. My old car had one, so I wasn't sure how I would do without one, but, I haven't really felt that I needed one for the past couple weeks and I pray it stays that way. Fingers crossed

MichaelAndrews

Passed Driver's Ed
Love the Night Blue, I'm indifferent on the tips they don't look bad... i just usually associate burnt tips with jdm vehicles

theohdolphillus

Passed Driver's Ed
Glad you are enjoying the new car.
What made you pick Vogtland springs?
First time I have heard of them.

I actually found out about them through one of the threads here, though I doubt I'll be able to recover the link (sorry).

I'm coming from an m-sport 3 series, which was in my opinion, way too low for me. Maybe I'm just a bad driver, maybe I'm not careful enough, whatever the reason, I was tired of scraping, so I don't want my mk7 to be too low.

The VWR springs w/ .75" drop looked a lot better than factory height since it got rid of the nasty wheel gap, but what I really wanted was the H&R sport springs b/c I "need more low" in my life. I saw a lot of mixed reviews about H&R sport springs here; everyone says that handling is improved greatly, but some people couldn't deal with the comfort.

Apparently Vogtland combines the best of both worlds, it gives about a 1.3" drop, while maintaining 'more' comfort. I haven't seen too many people on VW forums with them, but there were a lot of people who vouched for them on BMW forums.

I guess I'll guinea pig for y'all :)

I am open to suggestions to springs though! I'm looking for springs that will lower my car about 1.2-1.4 inches

Also, does anyone know how long I can keep my stock shocks after installing lowering springs? 30-40k miles?

theohdolphillus

Passed Driver's Ed
car accident at just over 1 month old :(

long story short, I was driving down the street in 3rd lane, someone on the other side of traffic tried making a left turn into a plaza, and I smacked right into em

so far insurance inspector has quoted about 9k for just exterior repairs, but theres fluids leaking as well. I'm praying for the best, as I really can't afford for my premium to increase :/

Last edited: