GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

April ordering thread

Nevo

Ready to race!
My GTD was ordered 13th of April, with keyless and art velours interior. Build week 22/5. Hoping to have it by the end of June as thats when my current lease ends.

You might be lucky - My GTD was BW 40 in 2014 and arrived 4 weeks later

Matt97

Passed Driver's Ed
I have been told by sales that my build week is 24. So they will start to build on 11 June. By the way, they said there is no way to change spec once the build week is confirmed. Is that right?

Chris43

Go Kart Champion
I have been told by sales that my build week is 24. So they will start to build on 11 June. By the way, they said there is no way to change spec once the build week is confirmed. Is that right?

Yes. Once BW has been confirmed VW have the all bits in place to assemble your car. VW generally give their suppliers a rolling 4 weeks fixed demand and further 8 weeks forecast. In order to fix the suppliers requirements they need to finalise the production plan.

Skeiz

Received an e-mail from the dealer today that the car arrived. That's 6 weeks from order to arrival. Very happy about that timing.

Now I just need to wait on the plates and paperwork.

Chris43

Go Kart Champion
Anyway - Update!

Bolton Audi just advised my car will be built Week 22 (w/c 29th May) !! ETA at dealer early July. This is the first week of MY18.
That makes about 6 weeks between order and build. This is far quicker than I was expecting AND I'll get the new 1.5TSI

Feeling rather happy right now !

Currently build gone back 11 weeks. Feeling VERY unhappy. Looks like another 5 month wait for me

newcastlesm

Forgive me if this has already been answered, this is my first post.

I ordered my Mk7.5 Golf on 26/4/17, the last info I got was 2 days ago that it was at stage 5 of 8 of the build process (build week was week commencing 5/6/17).

From experience, how long can I expect to wait? I live in Newcastle, UK if that makes any difference.

Also, the tracker doesn't work for me anymore. Has anyone else had any issues?

Thanks in advance.

Chris43

Go Kart Champion
Morning Newcastlem, welcome aboard.

Assuming your car is built this week, on average it takes a further 4 weeks to reach the UK dealer so mid July is looking good for you assuming there are no delays.

Essentially the route is train to the port of Emden, car carrier vessel to Grimsby or Shearness then transporter to the dealer. Cars can get held at Emden waiting for a boat.

What did you order?

newcastlesm

Thanks for that.

I was told yesterday it was at stage 8 of 8 of the build (quality control) and was expected to leave the factory 'imminently'. Also told by the dealer I should expect to take delivery towards the end of June!

I ordered a Golf SE, can't wait as it will be a huge upgrade from my Polo!

Nevo

Ready to race!
Currently build gone back 11 weeks. Feeling VERY unhappy. Looks like another 5 month wait for me
I feel your pain 2 months in and I'm still stage 2, I think I can still make changes at this point so I've asked the dealer to quote me on upgrading to the performance gti.

Chris43

Go Kart Champion
Thanks for that.

I was told yesterday it was at stage 8 of 8 of the build (quality control) and was expected to leave the factory 'imminently'. Also told by the dealer I should expect to take delivery towards the end of June!

I ordered a Golf SE, can't wait as it will be a huge upgrade from my Polo!

The Mrs has a 15 plate Polo, really feels like a baby golf in many ways.

Not wanting to put on a downer on things but end of June delivery is a bit optimistic in my view, hopefully the dealer is right but. ...

My GTD sat in QC for nearly 2 weeks. In the end, build and delivery to the dealer appears a bit of a lottery and the only certain bit is the day you see your golf in the flesh. Its still a great experience when they peel back the blue cover though and all the waiting is over

Chris43

Go Kart Champion
I feel your pain 2 months in and I'm still stage 2, I think I can still make changes at this point so I've asked the dealer to quote me on upgrading to the performance gti.

You may as well get the exact car you want while you have the opportunity to tinker with the spec.

Stage 2, is that waiting for build week? Its over 3 years since I watched the VW tracker.

The Audi tracker is different it shows each stage of production : prep, panel shop, paint, assembly, qc then shipping. Im at stage 2, which tells me build is not scheduled to start until the 14th of August and thats not confirmed so it could go back further yet.

I think im in a queue waiting for the new 1.5tsi, theres likely to be big demand as its just been released in the Golf and A3

Ive got a week touring Scotland in September, would have been a great opportunity to try out the virtual cockpit that integrates the sat nav with the speedo dials. Based on the current build date its looking unlikely.