GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Biggest pet peeve when driving.

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
The people that constantly tap their brakes on the highway for no reason at all or slow down randomly.

Also, distracted (cell phone?) drivers who veer onto the shoulder and kick up rocks.

Those that refuse to turn right from a stop if there's ANY cars coming, even if they're 3 lanes over.

Drifters - they speed up to 90, then slow down to 65 while you have cruise on 80. Inevitably, they end up by your side when you come up on someone to pass. So then you have to slow down, wait for them to go, then pass, by which point they are doing the same speed as the guy in the right lane. So the waiting game begins until they accelerate up to 90 again

PouncingPanzer1

Go Kart Champion
The people that constantly tap their brakes on the highway for no reason at all or slow down randomly.

Also, distracted (cell phone?) drivers who veer onto the shoulder and kick up rocks.

Those that refuse to turn right from a stop if there's ANY cars coming, even if they're 3 lanes over.

Drifters - they speed up to 90, then slow down to 65 while you have cruise on 80. Inevitably, they end up by your side when you come up on someone to pass. So then you have to slow down, wait for them to go, then pass, by which point they are doing the same speed as the guy in the right lane. So the waiting game begins until they accelerate up to 90 again
All classic "not car person" traits.

Ditto on the cell phones and whole distracted driver nonsense. It must end. I love sitting at red lights and seeing eyes in the lap meanwhile it's been green for 3 seconds and and they're still sending their girl dick pics.

kmarriner

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2019 GTI SE DSG
When a lane is ending we know it well beforehand, there is no reason to stay in that lane and then try and jam your way over at the last second. Merge early like you're supposed to.

mopar22

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
16 GTI

3 is a little excessive but if they're one or two over i wait because i never know what people are going to do. If i'm somewhat in a rush i'll go though

Mike-E

Go Kart Newbie

I have grown to love these moving chicanes (Drifters). I just tap the brake to turn off cruise control and match their speed (about 2 car lengths back). When I see a hole, I downshift, spool the turbo and launch. I am past them and fadeing into the distance before they can say WTF?!?!?!? Almost as much fun as an Interstate on ramp.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Car(s)
Mk6 racecar, Tacoma
In chicago... there is often 2 lanes but people park on the street thereby making it one lane. When you come up to a red light and someone goes into the right lane but you can see right away that they run out of lane very quickly after the light. You just know they are going to try and launch and get ahead of you. I call em right lane warriors and good lord you better have a fast car if you try that shit with me. I've almost made people rear end the parked cars so many times, then I watch them get all butt hurt when they have to emergency stop because they couldn't beat me off the line in time to get in front of me. meh, I'm an asshole.

Firstboost

Go Kart Champion
When you're stopped at a stoplight and the people in front of you start inching forward, then stop, then inch forward again and keep doing that for another 5 feet. Then it looks like you're two car lengths behind the car in front of you.

lokerola

Ready to race!
After I wash my car and I take my chocolate lab out for a ride, the big galoot sticks his head out the window and gets dog slobber all over the side of my car! Such is the joy of owning a dog.

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
When you're stopped at a stoplight and the people in front of you start inching forward, then stop, then inch forward again and keep doing that for another 5 feet. Then it looks like you're two car lengths behind the car in front of you.

You think they're in a hurry and/or antsy, but the kicker is that they just sit there when the light goes green though and take off slowly

mondo

Ready to race!
Not using indicators (turn signals)
In Germany and France motorists are renowned for forgetting what the little stalk on the left of the steering wheel is for..
Today on the autobahn, while riding from Strasbourg to Frankfurt this dumb assed woman pulled out in front of me with no indication and then braked for no reason at all..
Makes me livid, when I ride my bike I always highlight offenders to the fact they didn't indicate before switching lanes.
When driving the car, I am not too fussed about this