GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Android Headunit Install

hal

Ready to race!
Good to know. I see you are located in Bahrain. Any idea if the OEM cameras are different between your model and North American cars?

Looking at the wiring diagram I don't think anything is different. It's the same harness and pins. Also, those Android head units aren't made specifically for non-US cars.

Seems pretty involved just to add an aux-in. Would it basically be the same as using an MDI to 3.5mm input jack cable (like http://g02.a.alicdn.com/kf/HTB1gPsNHVXXXXchXpXXq6xXFXXXb/Media-in-Aux-input-cable-lightning-car-charger-Fit-VW-Skoda-Audi-A3-Golf-mk7-Polo.jpg_640x640.jpg) and then just connecting the output from the headunit to the 3.5mm input on the MIB in the glovebox?

The purpose of this is to KEEP the OEM head unit. Otherwise, installing the Android headunit requires that you remove it completely (the screen as well as the unit in the glove box). You will need something like the cable you posted as well.

itsacoupe

ok quick question. I have a non Fender system in my 2015 S trim GSW. If I get this latest unit for $230.00 what exactly works and doesn't work? What do I lose not staying with my OEM set up?