GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Compact Hatch Mod

Tigsel

Ready to race!
I have Geico. They are the ones that said 6-8 weeks lol.

Your company shouldn't need a police report to start fixing your car. All you do is pay your deductible and get your car fixed now. When they sort everything out trough subrogation you get your deductible back, as simple as that.

rfc89747

Ready to race!
In case anyone is still following this. After sending in the police report, Geico moved quickly. They sent out a claims adjuster within the next couple days. I got the estimate for the damage back end of last week. $2491. I'm hoping the repairs are quick, but I'm in no rush and I want it done right.

rfc89747

Ready to race!
Just to close out this thread, I got my R back yesterday and man does it feel great to be in something that can push my head back into the seat when I press my foot down. For some reason I am hearing the turbo more than I was before (probably just missed it), and I love it.

The repairs weren't perfect. I found that I can stick my finger in between the gap of the bumper and hatch on the driver side, and on the passenger side I can't. You can see that the tail lights in the hatch are about a millimeter higher than the tails on the actual body. Otherwise, I can't tell.

ScozR

Ready to race!
Just to close out this thread, I got my R back yesterday and man does it feel great to be in something that can push my head back into the seat when I press my foot down. For some reason I am hearing the turbo more than I was before (probably just missed it), and I love it.

The repairs weren't perfect. I found that I can stick my finger in between the gap of the bumper and hatch on the driver side, and on the passenger side I can't. You can see that the tail lights in the hatch are about a millimeter higher than the tails on the actual body. Otherwise, I can't tell.

Congrats on the car being fixed. I'd take it back to the shop to have them realign the hatch or bumper or both. As for the tail lights, I believe the difference in gaps is normal. Both sets of mine (stock and euro leds) were/are like that so I believe its by design.

rfc89747

Ready to race!
Yeah, I thought about it, but since it was a family friend who did the work and he also took care of a small ding that needed to be popped and paint at no extra cost to me, I let the small misalignment slide. I think the tail lights are misaligned because the hatch is slightly misaligned. I'm talking about the horizontal line of the tail lights. The part on the hatch is about a millimeter higher than the part off of the hatch. The passenger side tails are not like that. In any case, I'm happy with it. It is impossible to see unless you were looking for it. As long as it don't get leaks or something, i'll call it a day and enjoy the drive.