GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

OG GTi - 1984 Rabbit GTi

paulkromz

Drag Racing Champion
remove all the exterior plastics and claybar the f0k out of it. push in bumpers. paint bumpers

and then give me about 30 minutes alone to rub my ball sack all over this thing of beauty.

LOVE

FPP

Passed Driver's Ed
My first VW was a 1983 silver GTI. Great car, once some initial electrical problems were fixed (lights only working on bright/horn going off intermittently).

veedubfreak

Go Kart Champion
Luck. Same way all these assholes find old cars that they turn around and flip for 10x what they paid the old person that just wanted it out of the garage.

MSchott

Go Kart Newbie
Cool to see. I had an 84 GTI and later an 87 16V GTI in Mica Red. Those were fine cars. I wouldn't be too nostalgic though. Compared to modern cars they are crude and slow.

sethdude

Pobody's Nerfect.
I have an '84 as well. I have gone through the engine, brakes, and suspension, but kept the original patina.

2SlowNoMo

Ready to race!
That is the exact GTI my friend bought when we were teenagers. We would rally around the dirt road corners all day long. fun little car to drive and that was the car that introduced me to VW and over the years led me to buy three Sciroccos, a Vanagon camper, Cabrio, and now a MK7 GTI. Gotta love those MK 1s.

I have an '84 as well. I have gone through the engine, brakes, and suspension, but kept the original patina.