GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Ordered a new 2017 R

RICDONSTOP

Hi.

Just ordered my new Golf R.

I chose the standard 18s as planning on purchasing additional wheels. Please tell me your thoughts and suggestions.

Thanks

Richard

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Mahojda80

Ready to race!
Congrats on the order! Not sure if you're planning to mod your R for more power, but if so then this site is a great resource for info gathering. The Facebook Groups are so-so. I've had my '16 R since 08/2015. No issue other than the backup camera sticking (that was fixed under warranty). I had Euro Tails installed & they work fine, but the clips on the rubber grommets (for the wires running from taillights to taillights through the rear hatch) broke really easily. I just sealed them with silicone. I have no complaints other than it's just an all around great vehicle!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

biglilsteve

Ready to race!
I was wondering how you managed to order one with 18s and then saw you are in the UK. It's good you guys have the option!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

RICDONSTOP

I was wondering how you managed to order one with 18s and then saw you are in the UK. It's good you guys have the option!

Yes dude. UK so I ordered it with standard wheels. I'll spend on superb wheels. OZ or BBS?

RICDONSTOP

Congrats on the order! Not sure if you're planning to mod your R for more power, but if so then this site is a great resource for info gathering. The Facebook Groups are so-so. I've had my '16 R since 08/2015. No issue other than the backup camera sticking (that was fixed under warranty). I had Euro Tails installed & they work fine, but the clips on the rubber grommets (for the wires running from taillights to taillights through the rear hatch) broke really easily. I just sealed them with silicone. I have no complaints other than it's just an all around great vehicle!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm coming to golf r from an m4... I'm trying to be more sensible, not so fussed about upping the power as of yet.. but we will see ?

biglilsteve

Ready to race!
I'm coming to golf r from an m4... I'm trying to be more sensible, not so fussed about upping the power as of yet.. but we will see ?

If you're coming from an M4 you probably will be.

KASPER1

Go Kart Champion

Already sense the mod bug biting in that statement :D