GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

BMS JB4 R specific thread

toledospeed

Go Kart Champion

gaveup1

Passed Driver's Ed
So I did a quick log in 3rd gear after install and my graph looks pretty weird compared to what I'm seeing on here (showing throttle cutting out) Although this was like 5 miles after I installed and cycled the key a couple times (no warning lights).

gaveup1

Passed Driver's Ed
So I did some more logging on map 1 and 2 but the throttle dip (below 40 is still there)

Ihopefully George sees something in the logs I'm not.

Last edited:

xAltered

Passed Driver's Ed
George,
I have installed the JB4 Bluetooth connect, and have put the setting in F Series All and Rev 3 as you stated earlier, but when I go to read codes, my CEL does not appear under the listed codes. I even tried to delete the codes anyways, but it doesn't delete. Any ideas with that?

George Smooth

Drag Race Newbie
George any plans E85/flex-fuel like you do for the BMW?

Yes, in the long run we will add it. We working on a virtual flex fuel sensor with similar logic to what the manufacturers use. This is being tested now on the BMW side and once we have success we will scale it over to VW and start using the data for the Autotune map we working on.

High volumes at this point will require the LPFP to be replaced as a minimum. There is a controller coming out soon which will allow for a larger Walbro to be fitted. Once this is out we will start doing work on secondaries relative to the market demand.

translux

Ready to race!
Yes, in the long run we will add it. We working on a virtual flex fuel sensor with similar logic to what the manufacturers use. This is being tested now on the BMW side and once we have success we will scale it over to VW and start using the data for the Autotune map we working on.

High volumes at this point will require the LPFP to be replaced as a minimum. There is a controller coming out soon which will allow for a larger Walbro to be fitted. Once this is out we will start doing work on secondaries relative to the market demand.

Excellent!
As always thanks for taking the time to provide a detailed and informative response.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LeoA86

Ready to race!
jB4 Is awesome! Just upgraded last night, and this thing really moves now! I'll be getting a dyno done here pretty soon. Post up numbers after.

toledospeed

Go Kart Champion
Hey George, is JB4 update for code clearing released yet?

It works on my Golf TSI, so it should work for you too. My firmware hasn't been updated yet.