GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
FORUM OPTIONS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   GOLFMK7 - VW GTI MKVII Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVII Forum > Technical Topics > Tracking / Autocrossing / Driving Techniques

Old 05-09-2017, 11:19 PM   #86
Quebster

Drives: 2015 GTI S Deep Black Pearl 6MT
upgrade rotors?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GolfArrr View Post
Awesome feedback. Thanks for sharing with us!

Was the white powder just on the pads/backing plates when you took them off? My GLocs did this the first time out as well, after that nothing and they simply look the same old shade of ugly (but work well).

Did you remove your dust shields as well from the front brakes? I've been thinking of doing this when I add some ducting as you've done.
Yeah, it was just on the backing plate, around the edges, and around the outer edges of the rotor itself (kind of where the "vanes" are).. like a powder.

Yes I removed the shields on the front brakes for better ventilation, and I taped the ABS sensors with some heat-resistant "tape" just to be safe. I probably could've used more.

SB St2 Daily|Spulen/Neuspeed Charge Pipes & TMD|CTS Turbo Inlet Pipe|HPA Dogbone Mount
|034 RSB & Motor/Trans Mounts|CircuitWerks V2 Catless TBE|DO Meth Kit w/ Progressive Controller
Complete Build Thread
Quebster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 01:37 AM   #87
edge04

Drives: a lot
that would be easy however I would think that would trick the system and never display the brake wear warning? What about fixing it back to stock. Guess I could find a connector and remake it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AR1 View Post
If I were you I'd pull that rubber boot off and use some cutting pliers to get a clean cut and assess how difficult it would be to strip both of the leads and close the loop. If this side of the plug is anything like the other side then it should be a pretty easy task - don't fret.
edge04 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 03:02 AM   #88
leo

Drives: GTI mk7 DSG
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvs2speed View Post
I am really just having a hard time choosing a pad. Options are much more limited for the non PP cars with the 312mm rotor.
Couldn't agree more!!!
leo is offline   Reply With Quote