GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

SouthBend vs BFI clutch

ladringan320

Ready to race!
Car(s)
me?
Had a stage 2 Daily on my 2011 Gti with K04 upgrade and it lasted me for more than 70K miles! I installed a Stage 5 BFI clutch on my 2016 Golf R and that lasted for 10K miles(which is to be expected of a racing clutch being daily driven). I'm looking to go back to a full faced disk. The SouthBend Stage 2 endurance is what I was looking at. Does anyone have any experience with the stage 2 endurance clutch? I am also considering BFI stage 3, but I'm concerned of its Longevity because it doesnt seem to have as much surface area as the Southbend stage 2 endurance. All comments are appreciated.

ExcelerateRep1

Go Kart Champion
We replaced a stage 3 BFI clutch with a Southbend stage 2 endurance and the customer was much happier with overall performance, pedal feel and lack of slip with the new clutch.

I cannot recommend Southbend enough. I had a chance to drive a Stage 3 Endurance equipped Golf R yesterday for two hours. In stop and go, highway traffic, backroad driving, and I felt it was much nicer to drive than my stock dual mass flywheel, stock clutch, TDI. The Southbend was easier on my leg. When I stepped back into my Jetta, It was stiffer than the Southbend.

We sell these right on our website here if you care to take a gander at pricing and options.

Thanks,

Greg

Firstboost

Go Kart Champion
I cannot recommend Southbend enough. I had a chance to drive a Stage 3 Endurance equipped Golf R yesterday for two hours. In stop and go, highway traffic, backroad driving, and I felt it was much nicer to drive than my stock dual mass flywheel, stock clutch, TDI. The Southbend was easier on my leg. When I stepped back into my Jetta, It was stiffer than the Southbend.

Greg

This is good news to hear. I plan on having Emmanuele Design throw my SB stg 3 daily on when I'm down in OC, but will be driving it back to the Bay Area for a good chunk of the break in. Traffic getting on to the 5 is pretty nasty sometimes and it's uphill too at that spot.

ExcelerateRep1

Go Kart Champion
This is good news to hear. I plan on having Emmanuele Design throw my SB stg 3 daily on when I'm down in OC, but will be driving it back to the Bay Area for a good chunk of the break in. Traffic getting on to the 5 is pretty nasty sometimes and it's uphill too at that spot.

Good choice. Enjoy! Let us know what you think.

Thanks,

Greg