GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Akrapovic with catless DP

Mceric01

Ready to race!
I'm going to be buying an 18 R and want to get the akrapovic exhaust. I'm coming from a 12 GTi and had a catless SPM doenpipe and liked it a lot. Since I see it being difficult to get an akrapovic exhaust for the R to begin with, I'm figuring they won't offer a catless turboback for the R.

I'm trying to figure out if a catless miltek DP will mate to the akrapovic cat back. I know the cat back isn't even out yet but do you guys think it will work? I just like the extra power and sound of having no cat.

tonipepperoni77

Drag Race Newbie
I'm going to be buying an 18 R and want to get the akrapovic exhaust. I'm coming from a 12 GTi and had a catless SPM doenpipe and liked it a lot. Since I see it being difficult to get an akrapovic exhaust for the R to begin with, I'm figuring they won't offer a catless turboback for the R.

I'm trying to figure out if a catless miltek DP will mate to the akrapovic cat back. I know the cat back isn't even out yet but do you guys think it will work? I just like the extra power and sound of having no cat.

Don't think the US gets the performance options ( which contains that exhaust )

nate704

Go Kart Champion
but the OP can buy it from somewhere. It will just take a lot of time and a lot of money which can be spent on something more effective for his purpose.
But, it's your money and time, so go on.

but the OP can buy it from somewhere.
If he's willing to spend $5000* on that muffler he's certainly able to spend $1500 for a HJS catted DP.

I don't get why anyone would want to go catless anyway. It's completely idiotic to poison other people.

*I'm just guessing. The factory option is 3800 € extra (!!!). Spare parts are commonly more expensive
than factory options.

deathmonkey

Passed Driver's Ed
Canada is getting the performance package on the mk7.5s, and the Akrapovic is part of that, so you may be able to get one from up there at some point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Pay a fabricator to custom build you a one off titanium exhaust...it'll be way cheaper than $5000. Equally pointless from a HP per dollar point of view, but if you've got wine tastes and a wine budget that'll be the coolest/most cost effective way to get your titanium fix

Also, I second the catless is irresponsible comment. Sounds and smells terrible and illegal in all 50 states. Marginally cheaper that catted, which is cancelled out by $40000 golf and $5000 exhaust budget

Chronic

Go Kart Champion
Catless all day long,free flowing no restrictions,no resonator,muffler love it and wouldn't change for the world.
Sounds is awesome no complaints from me,others have said sounds really nice.
As for smell doesn't bother me,I like it
All said and done total cost for the exhaust from turbo to end of pipes was 750 in cash and few hours of my time.
CTS Catless
OEM Res Delete
Exhaust Pipes for fab

A lot cheaper than 5000

Chronic

Go Kart Champion
Hmmm an angel with horns[emoji41]

Firstboost

Go Kart Champion

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
If he's willing to spend $5000* on that muffler he's certainly able to spend $1500 for a HJS catted DP.

I don't get why anyone would want to go catless anyway. It's completely idiotic to poison other people.

*I'm just guessing. The factory option is 3800 € extra (!!!). Spare parts are commonly more expensive
than factory options.

*That's trading in the factory exhaust! You get credit for that, hence the lower price.