GOLFMKV

ZacR's Build Thread

Zacr811

Ready to race!
Edit

Last edited:

Zacr811

Ready to race!
Went to a local dyno shop today. Finally got to see what it's making and it's safe to same I'm happy. Smile on my face the whole ride home.

379 wheel 370 torque. Jb4 isn't even stacked.

I've been told it's the highest HP is38 GTI without a jb4 stacked.

This was in 94 Octane fuel and a mixture of 70/30 meth.

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

CLOUT

Ready to race!
Went to a local dyno shop today. Finally got to see what it's making and it's safe to same I'm happy. Smile on my face the whole ride home.

379 wheel 370 torque. Jb4 isn't even stacked.

I've been told it's the highest HP is38 GTI without a jb4 stacked.

This was in 94 Octane fuel and a mixture of 70/30 meth.

Badass! Congrats, must feel great.:)

Zacr811

Ready to race!

Zacr811

Ready to race!
Picked up a new HJC ARIII helmet, gloves and shoes. With all the track days I have set up it's time I start getting some gear to go with it. Helmet being the most important. Gloves are just because my hands hurt after lapping and maybe it will help and the shoes are just awesome to drive with. So much feel.

Headed back to the track on Saturday. Vids to come.

Zacr811

Ready to race!
Also had these given to me by a friend. Custom titanium backing plates. These will help repel heat and hopefully reduce brake fade. Bless my brakes while I was at in preparation for Saturday and they feel great. Only thing I'm concerned with is the wear on one of my pads. Which I'll be contacting Hawk about. The hole is for the pad sensor which I don't use but it seems to be drilled wrong. Take a look at the first two pics.

Zacr811

Ready to race!
Here is a lapping session from yesterday. Safe to say I need new pads asap....but still managed a good lap time. 1 second faster than my previous best. Clean lap with no traffic in the last 2 min.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5KQJNor-GEM

Zacr811

Ready to race!
Update on brakes.

I ordered the hawk DTC 60 pads a while ago. They have yet to even be shipped. I have done 2 track days on my hawk HPS pads since I did not really have a choice. Safe to say those are done now. Simply not meant for tracking.

So after doing some research and test driving my friend car in the track with his track set up I really broke the bank and went with the G-loc r12 pads.

http://www.g-locbrakes.com

Now these are a pretty serious pad from a company that focuses on racing. Let's just say they were cheap but I know they will be worth it. Spoke with frank at Ewald performance in BC who is the only Canadian rep for G-loc and spent a good hour on the phone talking about what I do with my car, how much power it has, etc and he really made me feel comfortable spending the amount if money I did on brake pads. I'm so excited to get these back to the track and really get a feel for what a true track pad will feel like.

Zacr811

Ready to race!
A few pics from the track.

Zacr811

Ready to race!
Update on the Hawk HPS pads seen above with the defect.

I contacted Hawk and they did confirm they are defective. Sending me a new set. I will keep them for back up.

Zacr811

Ready to race!
KW's finally showed up. Hopefully installing them this weekend. Very excited to get these on.

Also ordered a ST rear sway bar 25mm. Handling is what I'm going after now since I decided to compete in CSCS next year and attend a couple event this summer. CSCS is a time attack series in Ontario. Very competitive and I want to do well.

Install pics and updates to come.

Zacr811

Ready to race!
A few photos taken of me at the last track day by @Iaindonnel who is clearly great at what he does. Check him out of Instagram for some other amazing shots of local race series and such.

Zacr811

Ready to race!
My good friends at Autobliss Ajax here in the GTA have always helped me out when it comes my car. Late nights to install parts and just letting me use their shop for whatever I need.

With that being said I wanted to rep their business for CSCS so our vinyl guy is going to be making some decals for me to use. This is a very rough image and it will end up completely different.

They also have a logo on top with will be placed above the lettering. It's going to be silver chrome vinyl which will really pop. These will be matched with the mandatory CSCS door car numbers and windshield banner.

Last edited: