GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

VW Loyalty Bonus 2017

mpuk

I'm about to take delivery of my new Golf order as it's arriving next week and have my TDI buyback scheduled for then too a little concerned that i'm not seeing any incentives in May in the US beyond the 0.9% financing offer.

Is the $1000 VW Loyalty Bonus gone? Dealer cash - is that state dependent? What leverage do I have (if any) going in to pick up my order and finalize my sale if these 2 big incentives are gone that were around when I ordered in February?

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
I don't know if they are or not but if the incentives are gone, they're gone & you really don't have any leverage...sorry

Unless you "threaten" to not buy the car at all & can beat them up on the price

mpuk

I'm seeing in the "Post your deal" thread that some people are getting the Loyalty Bonus as of last month - but there is no mention of it anywhere anymore. I wonder if it quietly got killed off as of May 1 when the new month of promos started?

wantone

Ready to race!
I'm seeing in the "Post your deal" thread that some people are getting the Loyalty Bonus as of last month - but there is no mention of it anywhere anymore. I wonder if it quietly got killed off as of May 1 when the new month of promos started?

Yes, confirmed no Loyalty Bonus as of May 1 on several sites. This was going on for many months on end, so to be honest, not much sympathy for those that missed out. Common sense should have kicked in to say it wouldn't last forever. But definitely blows for those buyers as that's leaving $1000 on the table.

mpuk

Yes, confirmed no Loyalty Bonus as of May 1 on several sites. This was going on for many months on end, so to be honest, not much sympathy for those that missed out. Common sense should have kicked in to say it wouldn't last forever. But definitely blows for those buyers as that's leaving $1000 on the table.

On that "not much sympathy" .... I didn't have much of a choice unless I wanted an auto transmission. I ordered the car, so they claim they couldn't exactly bake it into the deal since it would take about 3 months to take delivery and didn't know what promotions would be offered at the time.

Anyway - hopefully, they honor it or offer some other dealer discount to compensate for it.

PRRGG1

Drag Racing Champion
I'm in the exact same boat as you mpuki. We ordered our Golf Wolfsburg 5M in early March when the incentive was available and will receive he car in late June.

I'm hoping that VW resuscitates the incentive in June; $1,000 is significant money.

Last edited:

mpuk

I'm in the exact same boat as you mpuki. We ordered our Golf Wolfsburg 5M in early March when the incentive was available and will receive he car in late June.

I'm hoping that VW resuscitates the incentive in June; $1,000 is significant money.

Agreed. We'll see how it goes. I imagine by June there will be somewhat of a better incentive.

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
You lose all bargaining leverage when you order something. They're not gonna give you money off out of their pocket esp since it's only been there a day or two. Plus, if it's really that hard to find a manual in your area it'll sell as soon as you back out. Maybe you can negotiate a roof rack or something along those lines, but odds are against you for $1000 of sympathy money on a special order

mpuk

You lose all bargaining leverage when you order something. They're not gonna give you money off out of their pocket esp since it's only been there a day or two. Plus, if it's really that hard to find a manual in your area it'll sell as soon as you back out. Maybe you can negotiate a roof rack or something along those lines, but odds are against you for $1000 of sympathy money on a special order

Yeah, I know...there are pretty much no black manual Golfs just sitting on lots. I'm just keeping my fingers crossed they just "make good" on the deal considering we originally talked about $1000 Dealer Cash and $1000 Loyalty Bonus the day I ordered. $2000 is a pretty big difference. I've been able to negotiate deals in the past ahead of time on past orders - but since the entire TDI scandal it seems like the sales people are negotiating very differently than when I originally placed the order for my TDI in 2010 - and GTI in 2002!

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
Uhh...not sure if you're serious on that last post.

1. I told you my local dealer (which is maybe 4 hours from you) had a manual black Golf on the lot! I know the guy and could've negotiated a pretty sweet deal for you there too but, of course, you never responded in the thread (even posted a pic of the car too)
Your loss

2. They're NOT going to give you the $2000 (which VW gives/reimburses them) that was available months ago. Let that dream go, as others have already said
Maybe give the car to you at invoice price, sure. But outside of that, they're not going to be giving up that much money on it to sell it to you.

They know you want the car, since you ordered it, so they have ALL the leverage

good luck

PRRGG1

Drag Racing Champion
If the Incentive doesn't resurface in June, I'll move to Plan B and take advantage of the VW 0.9%/5 Year financing if it survives. I'll then take the cash I'd have paid for the Golf and place it in a 2.25%/5 Year CD. The CD's rate will generate interest income over twice what I'd pay VW Credit, yielding a margin that well exceeds $1,000 over 5 Years. I can safely make the monthly payments via other income.

I'd still rather stick with Plan A though, as the $1,000 Incentive is sweet and simple.

Last edited:

mpuk

Uhh...not sure if you're serious on that last post.

1. I told you my local dealer (which is maybe 4 hours from you) had a manual black Golf on the lot! I know the guy and could've negotiated a pretty sweet deal for you there too but, of course, you never responded in the thread (even posted a pic of the car too)
Your loss

2. They're NOT going to give you the $2000 (which VW gives/reimburses them) that was available months ago. Let that dream go, as others have already said
Maybe give the car to you at invoice price, sure. But outside of that, they're not going to be giving up that much money on it to sell it to you.

They know you want the car, since you ordered it, so they have ALL the leverage

good luck

1. I didn't have a buyback appointment scheduled, but did reply - so while it was nice that that it was there for a while (albeit 4h from here and 2 months or so ago), it didn't work out.

2. Call it dreaming... more hoping they work with me (and to put it bluntly - aren't total dicks about the price). They advertise lots of other cars - such as GTIs with "online deals" in and around a 13% discount (or $2000+ off). I get they have the leverage, and now I know the bonus promo is over. The promo status is what wasn't immediately clear to me and why I started the thread to begin with.

mpuk

FWIW - I did end up getting invoice minus $2000 off because I didn't go with the current 0.9% VW promo. Guess they have more wiggle room when you don't take advantage of VW Financing.