GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

dogbone mount insert install problem

radoroc

Ready to race!
I have been trying to install the cts insert, the bolt was very hard to get out, but I got it. After tying to tighten the bolt, I realized that it's not lining up anymore as it just spins and won't tighten.

I realized after the fact that I should have revved it up a few times first, but it's too late now.

Does anyone know how to get the holes lined up?

Rodcollier1

Ready to race!
Did you insert the silicon rubber piece before you removed the bolt?

Do you have it up on ramps and causing the engine to sway / move when you remove the bolt ?

To realign you may need to call in a friend to push the engine while you try to insert the bolt when it's realigned.

MK7 Golf R Manual
Uni Stage 2, JB4, Neuspeed DP

radoroc

Ready to race!
Did you insert the silicon rubber piece before you removed the bolt?

Do you have it up on ramps and causing the engine to sway / move when you remove the bolt ?

To realign you may need to call in a friend to push the engine while you try to insert the bolt when it's realigned.

MK7 Golf R Manual

All I did was remove the bolt and install the aluminum insert. I don't know what you're referring to(rubber piece?) When I read the instructions, there was no mention of anything moving, or having to rev it up.

It was jacked up when I removed the bolt. Ok thanks, is there any other way?

Navi

Autocross Champion
this happened with me too. You just have to keep trying to move the engine/transmission to get it to align so that you can thread the bolt. I had to do it alone and it took about 30 minutes to get it to line back up properly. With a friend, should be pretty easy. You have to remember than when you remove the bolt to install the insert, things will shift and move around,

Rodcollier1

Ready to race!
My insert was silicone / rubber, not aluminum. The ones I've seen slip in before you remove the bolt and then you install a new bolt with a very large washer. Unless you are both strong and very talented it will be best to find someone else to help you realign the holes. It seems most instructions on these aftermarket parts are written by marketing people !

MK7 Golf R Manual