GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

**Gun Enthusiast Thread**

PouncingPanzer1

Go Kart Champion
Hold up. Look at what you are supporting via your comment, then look at your signature... Little bit of hypocrisy going on here.

In other news, first time posting in this thread.

My safe contents:
Beretta 92A1
Savage 64F
Remington 870 Express
WASR-10

Deerfield Illinois just passed laws to ban "assault rifles". $1000 a day if you fail to turn in your guns. We'll see how long that lasts before a real legal system shuts it down...
Nick, I have a WASR also, amoung other Kalashnikovs. I knew you were cool lol.

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
Nick, I have a WASR also, amoung other Kalashnikovs. I knew you were cool lol.

Lol I love mine, absolute quality. Bought it, 3 pmag's and 1000 rounds for $525, couldn't pass up the deal

XM_Rocks

Autocross Newbie
So you think there are a lot of liberals who are firearms enthusiasts or even own one? :confused:

Define “a lot”.

I personally am liberal on most things but own guns and have an LTC.

Just because I don’t believe in trickle down, that immigrants are bad, that corporations can’t be trusted and that weed need to be legal doesn’t mean I can’t own guns. Heck, in Texas getting an LTC releases you from civil liability if your not charged criminally. That’s a good reason to get one.

I also have a good friend that is liberal and hippy as hell, he also owns over 30 guns including a P90, an FN57 amongst other cool and unusual guns.

He also is in process of getting a stamp to get a supressor.

I also think there is a large and silent majority of gun owners that have middle of the road views on guns and further regulation. Of course it’s anecdotal but most of my gun owning friends do.

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
Define “a lot”.

Just because I don’t believe in trickle down, that immigrants are bad, that corporations can’t be trusted and that weed need to be legal doesn’t mean I can’t own guns. Heck, in Texas getting an LTC releases you from civil liability if your not charged criminally. That’s a good reason to get one.

I also have a good friend that is liberal and hippy as hell, he also owns over 30 guns including a P90, an FN57 amongst other cool and unusual guns.

I also think there is a large and silent majority of gun owners that have middle of the road views on guns and further regulation. Of course it’s anecdotal but most of my gun owning friends do.

Thanks for keeping it reasonable. I think a lot of times people get caught up in the political tension and forget there are not solid lines that divide two parties. Gun enthusiasts =/= psychopaths and murderers, which is something that many people seem to overlook. I like to believe that all gun enthusiasts would agree that if it allows us to keep up with our hobby, a few extra steps in the purchasing process wouldn't be a game-changer. That's how it is for me, some will disagree and that's fine too. Minus a few people in this thread who came here for no other purpose than to start drama, I think we all share a common interest and can at least agree on some things.

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
And how do they define "assault rifle".

By what blurry definition I could make out from reading the document, I think my Beretta would be under that classification. Rifled barrel, semi-auto, mag capacity>10, has attachment rails, can be fitted with aftermarket parts...

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
Define “a lot”.

LOL, I'm for saving animals and trees, definitely going against the "conservative grain". You do realize liberals, if they had their way would only (at most) let you keep a firearm in your home? No LTC's.

Interesting about the Texas LTC.

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
What a steal! Is it a pre-ban WASR or has your mag well been dremeled by a blind man like mine to accept double stacks?

Mine accepts double stacks without. Is that the easiest mark for determining if it's pre-ban? Seems to be a cloudy subject on the internet. I have minimal knowledge about characteristics/history of the rifle, other than I knew it was a good deal I couldn't pass up. this is the only photo I have on hand of it, back before I owned it. Buddy thought he was cool electrical taping two mags together for a quick change lol.

Attachments

• 9439e426e210c901e8c570dbf2ddac89.jpg
    9439e426e210c901e8c570dbf2ddac89.jpg
    134.4 KB · Views: 296
Last edited:

PouncingPanzer1

Go Kart Champion
Mine accepts double stacks without. Is that the easiest mark for determining if it's pre-ban? Seems to be a cloudy subject on the internet. I have minimal knowledge about characteristics/history of the rifle, other than I knew it was a good deal I couldn't pass up. this is the only photo I have on hand of it, back before I owned it. Buddy thought he was cool electrical taping two mags together for a quick change lol.
I'll have to remember to take some photos of my mag well next time I have it out. The pre-ban rifles have normal mag wells for double stack mags. Rifles imported during the ban could only accept single stacks(commifornia style), but when the ban was lifted those not in circular had the mag wells opened up to accept normal AK mags. Most of these were done poorly, like mine.

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
I'll have to remember to take some photos of my mag well next time I have it out. The pre-ban rifles have normal mag wells for double stack mags. Rifles imported during the ban could only accept single stacks(commifornia style), but when the ban was lifted those not in circular had the mag wells opened up to accept normal AK mags. Most of these were done poorly, like mine.

Yep mine is pre-ban then. I purchased it in 2014-15ish, my friend who owned it prior had purchased it in 2012-13. Not sure the history before that though. The mag well definitely has not been modified