GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Anyone spend time with an Infiniti G37?

SpaceGhost

Ready to race!
Yeah, they weren't oxidized. Because we were looking at cars at bigger dealers, I am sure they have their PDI/detailer guys hit the headlights with some renew compound. I have seen both G37s and LS460s with oxidized headlights.

My wife's Saabaru needs to be renewed every 9-12 months otherwise they get really bad.

Whatever happened to glass headlights?!?!?
Never had a problem with my 2006 but maybe I washed it often enough

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

BronxBomber

Ready to race!
Thanks for the input guys.

I love my GTI, but the residual on my lease isn't so good, and the FWD thing bugs me to no end (we live in the Pacific NW always wet, no traction) I would definitely keep a Golf R! My co-worker has a G35 coupe and I love the way a Japanese GT coupe feels. I have had seat time with a G37 sedan, and I just don't like the G in sedan form at all. To replace my beloved GTI, it'd have to be an AWD coupe.

If you plan on keeping it stock, then yes, the G37 can feel a bit ponderous if it’s not a Sport. However the G37 Sport coms with great Akebono brakes, stiffer suspension and swaybars and it’s actually lighter than the coupe by about 70lbs. Aftermarket is strong for these cars and they can be made to really perform. I had a sedan and really enjoyed it, especially with a supercharger. Also exhaust note is very nice, plus RWD or AWD trumps FWD.

takemorepills

Ready to race!
I test drove the Q60 again today, took it on a cloverleaf at very high speed, I was very impressed by how neutral it was. As good as my GTI is, the Q60 was far better, at least in this one aspect, than the already good GTI.

I tried to buy the car, however the car is over-valued due to being a lease return (residual on the Q60 must have been higher than actual value) and even though they have had it since 12/2017, they wouldn't budge much on the price. The dealer was cool though, they admitted they are a little too heavy with the car.
Reminds me of my GTI, my residual is $18.9K, there's a 2016 GTI w/LP and 23k miles at my dealer for $17k. When VW gets my GTI back, they'll have to wait for a sucker to pay too much for it. Probably someone with a trade-in.

SpaceGhost

Ready to race!
I test drove the Q60 again today, took it on a cloverleaf at very high speed, I was very impressed by how neutral it was. As good as my GTI is, the Q60 was far better, at least in this one aspect, than the already good GTI.

I tried to buy the car, however the car is over-valued due to being a lease return (residual on the Q60 must have been higher than actual value) and even though they have had it since 12/2017, they wouldn't budge much on the price. The dealer was cool though, they admitted they are a little too heavy with the car.
Reminds me of my GTI, my residual is $18.9K, there's a 2016 GTI w/LP and 23k miles at my dealer for $17k. When VW gets my GTI back, they'll have to wait for a sucker to pay too much for it. Probably someone with a trade-in.

Maybe wait a few weeks and if they still have the car ask again. The whole car buying thing is a game of chicken. They probably saw that you liked the car and figured you'd cave before walking. If you are going to get your best deal it's usually a good idea to walk at least once