GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ZacR's Build Thread

Crild

Drag Race Newbie
Couple days ago I did a photoshop with Iain from Moving Pictures. Although he is still editing the pics I have a couple to preview along with a video he made of him editing. These turned out so well. Truly a talent behind the lens! Full album to come.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fZGsFel5M2g

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Made me change my pants on this one

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Zacr811

Ready to race!
Spent the evening once again ripping my car apart. Sparco seats are out and sold. Waiting for the new seats to arrive in a few weeks. In the mean time while I have room I’ll paint the cage.

I also changed out the hose clamps on my charge pipes after blowing one doing some pulls the other night. Don’t want this to be an issue mid race.

While I had the bumper and splitter off I worked on some endplates. Couple pieces of left over alumapanel and 90 degree aluminum bar and went to work. They turned out well!

Zacr811

Ready to race!
One more pic from the other night.

Zacr811

Ready to race!
Worked on the car for I think 8 hours today. Mostly creating and install endplates for the splitter. Very happy with the end result. The only thing I’d like to change is the abs plastic covering the exposed wheel. It’s too thin so I’ll either get a thicker plastic or aluminum. Looks great though.

As I was working on that I had Dennis the owner of Badgeskinz come and install all his vinyl inlays on my car. Great guy who is helping me out a lot this season. He has a great passion for what we are doing and likes to be involved. Glad to have him on board!

Also got the new AIM GPS dongle installed so my AIM MXS Strada display can act as a GPS Lap timer. This only took a few min but I’m still messing around with a custom display settings. I find sometimes it’s hard to see what gear I’m in on track so now I can’t miss it.

Also got the Anti Gravity RS30 battery in. Secured in the oem placement spot for now. Debating on mounting behind the passenger seat or something. This thing is so powerful. Car cranks so fast and easy.

Also here are the rest of the photos from my photoshoot with Moving Pictures. These turned out so well. Car is certainty coming together.

Back at it tomorrow while I have time this weekend!

Zacr811

Ready to race!
Worked on securing the splitter some more. Turnbuckles with steel wire. Although maybe not the cleanest finish I like it. I ordered some splitter rods but only two and realized that I needed more support. Problem is they are about 100 bucks for 2 and I needed about 6.... much more cost effective and honestly worked really well. Painted them black of course.

Zacr811

Ready to race!
Looking good. Tell Dennis love his products and to hurry up on the steering wheel VW to match the outsides :)

I’ll let him know haha

Quebster

Autocross Newbie
Mad respect for all the shenanigans you've been doing on your own to this car man. Those are some AMAZING pictures. Don't know how I haven't been following this thread before.

Zacr811

Ready to race!
Isn't the purpose of splitter rods to enable push and pull? A cable set up will only be able to pull. (Maybe that is all you need)

The turnbuckles push and pull when adjusted if that’s what you mean. Essentially the same thing. Realistically all they are doing it adding some rigidity. The actuated brackets underneath support the entire splitter.

Zacr811

Ready to race!
Mad respect for all the shenanigans you've been doing on your own to this car man. Those are some AMAZING pictures. Don't know how I haven't been following this thread before.

Thanks!

Honestly it’s fun to install parts you buy but it’s completely different to have an idea and then build it. One of the things that attracts me to time attack is how crazy you can get and be it allows the freedom to be creative. No one is making parts to push the limits of your class rules. You have to step out and build it on your own.

Iain is incredible of photography. He is covering this whole seasons for me. I’ll have. A bunch more to share.

Zacr811

Ready to race!
Cool shot showing how well the vents work. You can see the heat escaping if you zoom in a bit.

The car is almost ready. Just a few things left.

- paint the cage ( waiting for warmer weather so it dries properly)
- install new Rotora BBK
- install new Corbeau FX1 seats
- install new Racequip 6 point harness’
- apply livery/sponsor decals.

I’m also working on a huge diffuser with R theory Motorsports. I cannot run it in my CSCS Time Attack series but any of the Gridlife events I can. So I’m hoping to have it by June. More to come on that.

Zacr811

Ready to race!
Couple updates.

I’d like to welcome @precisionraceworks to the team for 2018! Fuel upgrades on the MQB platform are we and few between with only a few of them actually building it right. These guys are one of them. I will be running their stage 2 LPFP along with their MPI kit in the near future once we sort out tuning. I’m making the OEM pump work overtime right now and this will ensure we have no issues at events in the near future. It will also allow us to max out the @dbv2 Turbo one day when my engine can handle it.....

Also got this crazy idea of replicating the 911 RSR Diffuser in a way that functions correctly on my car. This is a very rough idea and we’re working on the angles and everything to ensure it’s functional. Still a long ways off but should be a fun project.

I can’t say who yet but I have some BIG suspension news coming up shortly. It’s going to be a game changer..real race damper set with custom spring rates and all. Can’t wait to share once it’s all finalized.

Quebster

Autocross Newbie
Nice! I managed to snag their Stage 4 LPFP kit for a steal from a local who changed his mind on his fuel setup and never installed it. Currently waiting for the Bosche injectors to come off backorder so I can get the MPI kit as well.

I want ALL the fueling!