GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Custom Built Electrical Skateboard

Benihana

Go Kart Champion
Hey guys, another hobby of mine, just wanted to share my new electric skateboard build.

Last edited:

BravoMike

Go Kart Champion
You are using photobucket which doesn’t allow 3rd party hosting using their free accounts.

Benihana

Go Kart Champion
i just redid it, but they are showing up way full size. Anyway, hope it still shows its coolness :)

Here's a video of it in action....My friend and I got into it with a E-biker and I just had to flex some muscle. Starting at like right before 2min. I start getting into the throttle and I try to go full speed up hill...Probably hit 30mph(not bad for a hill)....Fastest I've gone on this board is 31mph (flat ground, 143lbs rider). Range on this board is also about 30 miles before recharge is needed(thank to tesla tech P:))....Best of all, it fits in the hatch of a mk7 easily, which was the main criteria of the build!

DIY E-board Dual motor - ~4hp - RWD + FWD Hybrid - 8000rpm(weighted) Redline - Stage 1 - LSD - Top Speed = 31mph Range = 30 Miles

I am in the front of the video in the beginning(friends camera is front view) - when viewing from the rear view that is from my board.

Last edited:

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie
Very cool.
Guy riding an e-bike for exercise? Ha.
Wish they had stuff like this when I was young.
My first board had metal wheels!
I have read the history how Polyurethane wheels saved skateboards.
With a 30 mile range I could ride to work. I like the LED read out.
I almost bought a new board recently. Had it in my cart. Only a Walmart brand that looked much like yours. Way better than the boards we had in the late 70's.
But at 52 I thought I might kill myself and the wife would never forgive me so put it back.

Thanks for sharing. Looks like a good design and build.

mattd502

Ready to race!
Very cool.
Guy riding an e-bike for exercise? Ha.
Wish they had stuff like this when I was young.
My first board had metal wheels!
I have read the history how Polyurethane wheels saved skateboards.
With a 30 mile range I could ride to work. I like the LED read out.
I almost bought a new board recently. Had it in my cart. Only a Walmart brand that looked much like yours. Way better than the boards we had in the late 70's.
But at 52 I thought I might kill myself and the wife would never forgive me so put it back.

Thanks for sharing. Looks like a good design and build.

Word of warning from someone who use to be super into downhill skateboarding don't waste your money on anything from walmart, other than the cheapness of the board being so bad it would ruin the experience the boards often use things like plastic trucks and bearings which are just downright dangerous. Look at it this way if you were shopping for a jb4 for your gti and saw someone on ebay from china offering an equivalent piece of technology for 1/4 of the price you wouldn't buy the ebay brand not only out of fear of it not performing as well as the real jb4 but out of fear of what damage it could cause to your engine. Same Idea and boards like the one the op used from the brand "Bustin" are actually really affordable and super high quality.

Super cool custom build op, I was never a huge fan of electric skateboards but it's actually taken to a different level of cool when someone builds their own!

Benihana

Go Kart Champion
Very cool

So how do you control the motor?

Thanks!

The motor is controlled by a 2.4ghz wireless handheld throttle controller with regenerative brakes, reverse, and 3 speed modes.

Word of warning from someone who use to be super into downhill skateboarding don't waste your money on anything from walmart, other than the cheapness of the board being so bad it would ruin the experience the boards often use things like plastic trucks and bearings which are just downright dangerous. Look at it this way if you were shopping for a jb4 for your gti and saw someone on ebay from china offering an equivalent piece of technology for 1/4 of the price you wouldn't buy the ebay brand not only out of fear of it not performing as well as the real jb4 but out of fear of what damage it could cause to your engine. Same Idea and boards like the one the op used from the brand "Bustin" are actually really affordable and super high quality.

Super cool custom build op, I was never a huge fan of electric skateboards but it's actually taken to a different level of cool when someone builds their own!

Thanks man! The bustin board kind of made the board into what it is. One of my favorite parts of the build.

While i'm not even considered a longboarder, I've seen downhill boarding videos and you must have had such an intense rush everytime you tackled a hill, I can never do that lol.

I did not see a note.
What is cost?

Total price of the board came out to $700. It can be done cheaper, but I upgraded some parts for increased ride quality.