GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Available at Walmart!

sandmangti

Autocross Newbie
Walked through the Auto area at my Walmart and noticed this.
Chemical Guy’s products being sold. Not a lot, but some items.
FYI.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Handguns4heaRTs

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
Have you ever been on detailing forums/group pages and seen how much hate CG gets? it's laughable. They're basically the APR of the detailing world. Leather interior quick detailer works well for our cars, and soaps are great. The inner clean interior cleaner is pretty good too.

heiney9

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTi Sport DSG
I exclusively use Aerospace 303 products and they are superb. No need to change for me.

merkeyterkey

The Real FLATTIRE
Have you ever been on detailing forums/group pages and seen how much hate CG gets? it's laughable. They're basically the APR of the detailing world. Leather interior quick detailer works well for our cars, and soaps are great. The inner clean interior cleaner is pretty good too.

The seal on the bottom of their bottles makes it for me:

"Quality Standard Premium Product"

What the fuck does that mean?

sandmangti

Autocross Newbie

I like some of their items but admit I have not used many other high end products so there might be better. I tested 4oz bottle of their product that helps with removing water and drying the car after wash. For me it took beading water, which is easy to blow off and caused the water to smooth out making it harder to blow off. I have also used their rubber mat cleaner and it did not work well for me and smells not so good. Snow foam is great and their waxes work well and feel and smell good.

PouncingPanzer1

Go Kart Champion
Is it a regular car wash soap that has a citrus smell or does it also remove wax and other buildup?

Video info also.

https://youtu.be/BR8Iv8w-pWE

It's too mild, and that whole wax build up removing claim is almost false advertising because after you dilute any soap the pH is practically that of the water you used to dilute it.

But, to compare it to the original Citrus Wash, which I also loved and will continue to use for my wheels until it's gone, it is 50% weaker. So it is a daily wash. I have a ceramic coating, so it's perfect for me because it isn't packed with, pardon my French CG fans, GARBAGE!

PouncingPanzer1

Go Kart Champion
I will say this, nothing CG offers has been ground breaking, nothing I can think of however. Except maybe their hexlogic pads. Other brands, Sonax, CarPro, and even Meg's in some cases, offer refreshing new items that CHANGE the detailing world. CG, they have spent the last few years changing scents and labels so as far as I can tell. They claim "it's about the lifestyle". I claim it's about the end result, and how fast I can get there. This isn't me saying they make bad products, but there is a reason those CG products, save Citrus Wash(which they discontinued), are now collecting dust. I'm not the only one either, as those forums you mention tell.

I am not a one brand kinda guy, like many CG fans are.

Handguns4heaRTs

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
I will say this, nothing CG offers has been ground breaking, nothing I can think of however. Except maybe their hexlogic pads. Other brands, Sonax, CarPro, and even Meg's in some cases, offer refreshing new items that CHANGE the detailing world. CG, they have spent the last few years changing scents and labels so as far as I can tell. They claim "it's about the lifestyle". I claim it's about the end result, and how fast I can get there. This isn't me saying they make bad products, but there is a reason those CG products, save Citrus Wash(which they discontinued), are now collecting dust. I'm not the only one either, as those forums you mention tell.

I am not a one brand kinda guy, like many CG fans are.

Definitely. I started with a CG bundle, but now I'm an OPT disciple. ONR wash with Opti-Seal as drying aid is pretty much the easiest and best 1-2 combo I've found.

SweetJones_29

Ready to race!
It's too mild, and that whole wax build up removing claim is almost false advertising because after you dilute any soap the pH is practically that of the water you used to dilute it.

But, to compare it to the original Citrus Wash, which I also loved and will continue to use for my wheels until it's gone, it is 50% weaker. So it is a daily wash. I have a ceramic coating, so it's perfect for me because it isn't packed with, pardon my French CG fans, GARBAGE!

Dial soap works the best to remove wax.

cbenjes

Go Kart Newbie
CG has some good stuff, but they also have too much stuff that does similar jobs. Adams has some good stuff, albeit they tend to be pricey. Unlike Adams, CG's marketing makes it very confusing when you have 10 different kinds of sealants, waxes, interior cleaners, glazes, etc. With Adams, they have one type of each product, and you either like it and think it's worth the cost, or you don't, and if you don't, they refund 110% of the purchase price.

Meguiars makes some good products too, so I pick and choose what I use and like and what I don't. I DO have a lot of Adams products.

Has anyone tried Hydrosilex? I'm intrigued, but want to hear an unbiased review.

micah1

Definitely. I started with a CG bundle, but now I'm an OPT disciple. ONR wash with Opti-Seal as drying aid is pretty much the easiest and best 1-2 combo I've found.

Started with Adam’s but am using OPT exclusively now as well. Plus it is so much more affordable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk