GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Ferrarigate

Loonster

Ready to race!

I disagree, I think jurors would award healthy amounts of dollars to these people. All the attorney has to do is remind them how they'd feel if their Nissan or Toyota odometers had been altered. The dollar amount spent on the car is irrelevant, everyone agrees that getting screwed is getting screwed.

Lets suppose this wasn't a car but a Rembrandt painting that was a fake, just because none of the jurors could afford a Rembrandt doesn't mean they wouldn't side with the investor who bought a fake.

This is unbelievable on the part of Ferrari. What makes those cars so valuable is that they're made in such limited numbers. If you take care of it and keep it in pristine condition, it should return your investment dollars back to you at some point. That's why buying a Ferrari has historically been a good investment. If Ferrari authorized rollback of the odometers, investors will not find it so appealing to invest in buying one. At the very least, it cast a serious shadow over Ferrari business practices.

Jose_Gti

Autocross Newbie
I won't buy a used Ferrari anymore! oh well I guess I'll have to buy a new one now.... What a pity!

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
I disagree, I think jurors would award healthy amounts of dollars to these people. All the attorney has to do is remind them how they'd feel if their Nissan or Toyota odometers had been altered. The dollar amount spent on the car is irrelevant, everyone agrees that getting screwed is getting screwed.

Lets suppose this wasn't a car but a Rembrandt painting that was a fake, just because none of the jurors could afford a Rembrandt doesn't mean they wouldn't side with the investor who bought a fake.

This is unbelievable on the part of Ferrari. What makes those cars so valuable is that they're made in such limited numbers. If you take care of it and keep it in pristine condition, it should return your investment dollars back to you at some point. That's why buying a Ferrari has historically been a good investment. If Ferrari authorized rollback of the odometers, investors will not find it so appealing to invest in buying one. At the very least, it cast a serious shadow over Ferrari business practices.

I understand your point, but I think Ferrari's lawyer could successfully paint the owner as a rich dick who only cares about money.