GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MAGIC/MAJESTY (eBay) 16.4 liter Intercooler

Oldschoolmk7

Go Kart Champion
Looks like your shipment got thrown around. I broke my bottom peg with a screw driver trying to open it up a little. JB weld works wonders. The condenser is not heavy part so don’t sweat it. Take the partial refund and put it in. Imo. :).

marc5800

Drag Race Newbie
I received my eBay Magic intercooler earlier this week. when I opened it I have one of the lower condenser set screw brackets broken and one of the upper radiator mount brackets broken.

Not that this matters really, but the hose clamps were also mangled in the box, but I bent them back into shape.

The box didn't look too beat up in shipping, but the shipper definitely could have done a better job of protecting the intercooler during shipping.
I am in process of negotiating with the seller about how to handle it.

I have asked for either a new undamaged intercooler shipped to me (and see if it gets here in one piece) or a full refund. They want to give me a partial refund, but I don't really want to get a few dollars back and have to really jerry-rig the install more than it was going to take anyway.
Will see what happens, but I can't imagine it would be worth it to them to ship this damaged intercooler back to China.

Sorry to hear this!

This could of happened with any company. However, the chances are slightly higher since this comes across the world.

Hopefully it gets resolved!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2SlowNoMo

Ready to race!
Hah. that's actually pretty funny. I am sure we will work something out. really just wanted to let people know what kind of buying experience you may be in for with this vendor.
Did it get dropshipped to IE first? Copied IE's design right down to the broken tabs?

Sorry, had to.... :D

Hope it gets resolved to your satisfaction.

2SlowNoMo

Ready to race!
Yeah it may end up happening that way, but I also just wanted to see what is possible if I negotiate. might try JB weld as well thanks.

Looks like your shipment got thrown around. I broke my bottom peg with a screw driver trying to open it up a little. JB weld works wonders. The condenser is not heavy part so don’t sweat it. Take the partial refund and put it in. Imo. :).

Oldschoolmk7

Go Kart Champion
Yeah it may end up happening that way, but I also just wanted to see what is possible if I negotiate. might try JB weld as well thanks.

I used a 2 part metal bonding epoxy (similiar to JB). It is stronger now than the aluminum around it. Lol.

Yeah, get $100-150 off and your getting an IC for basically peanuts in the end. No one is going to see the IC anyway. :).

AtlantaDad

Drag Race Newbie
I used a 2 part metal bonding epoxy (similiar to JB). It is stronger now than the aluminum around it. Lol.

Yeah, get $100-150 off and your getting an IC for basically peanuts in the end. No one is going to see the IC anyway. :).
Shoot if they give him $100+ partial refund, everyone is going to be breaking tabs...lol

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Oldschoolmk7

Go Kart Champion
Shoot if they give him $100+ partial refund, everyone is going to be breaking tabs...lol

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

No kidding. Everyone files a claim and they stop shipping to USA. Lol.

BronxBomber

Ready to race!
Black here

crxgator

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
All the MQBs

GolfRRRR1

Go Kart Champion
Everything is better in black!