GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MAPerformance Official Stage 1 & Stage 2 OTS Tune Release for Accessport!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MAPerformance1

MAPerformance
Car(s)
MK7 GTI Sport
Please log the following:

AFR (AFR)
AFR Set Point (afr)
Accel Pedal Position (%)
Air Mass Intake Manifold Per Stroke (mg/stk)
Air Mass Intake Manifold Set Point (gs)
Air Mass Intake Manifold kgh (gs)
Air Mass Limit Per Stroke Turbo (gs)
Air Mass Per Stroke Set Point (mg/stk)
Driver Requested Torque (ft-lb)
EGT Upstream Turbo (F)
Engine Speed (rpm)
Exhaust Pressure Flow Factor (-)
IAT (F)
Ignition Timing Final (Degrees)
Intake Pressure Flow Factor (-)
Knock Retard Cylinder 1 (Degrees)
Knock Retard Cylinder 2 (Degrees)
Knock Retard Cylinder 3 (Degrees)
Knock Retard Cylinder 4 (Degrees)
Mass Flow Limit for Torque Intervention 1 (mg/stk)
Mass Flow Limit for Torque Intervention 2 (mg/stk)
Maximum Torque Overheating Protection (ft-lb)
PUT Set Point (psi)
Pressure Upstream Throttle (psi)
Rail Pressure Actual
Rail Pressure Desired
Relative Engine Load (%)
Relative Load (%)
STFT
TPS (TPS)
Torque Actual (ft-lb)
Torque Indicated Basic (ft-lb)
Torque Limit Turbo Protection (ft-lb)
Torque Limitation Source (-)
Torque Maximum Engine (ft-lb)
Torque Value for Air Mass Set Point (ft-lb)
Torque Reference (ft-lb)
Torque Reference Maximum (ft-lb)
Torque Value for Air Mass Set Point (ft-lb)
Torque at Clutch (ft-lb)
Turbine Actuator Base Value (%)
Turbine Actuator Final Value (%)
Turbine Actuator Integral (%)
Turbine Actuator Proportional (%)
Turbo Shaft Speed RPM
Valve Lift State (-)
Wastegate Mass Flow SP (g/s)

will do. what parameters should I log?

MAPerformance1

MAPerformance
Car(s)
MK7 GTI Sport
I do know Brian has been playing around with it....I don't know 100% if it's going to be released, but he did bring it up last week to me.

Hey Ian can you hook us up with a crackle and pop version of the stage 2 93 octane tune? All the Germans over here seem to have them and now i want to make some noise too.

BananaSlug

Ready to race!
I do know Brian has been playing around with it....I don't know 100% if it's going to be released, but he did bring it up last week to me.

Would the crackle affect the cat at all?

FastEggMk7

Ready to race!
Not to start a debate, but what are the benefits of the Cobb over APR? I know Cobb is new to the VW game. I used to run Cobb on my WRX STi. I went with APR with the GTi because they've perfected their tune over the years.

Travis9935

Ready to race!
Not to start a debate, but what are the benefits of the Cobb over APR? I know Cobb is new to the VW game. I used to run Cobb on my WRX STi. I went with APR with the GTi because they've perfected their tune over the years.
Apr is 1 time ots, Cobb you can change tunes anytime and have a custom protune for your car and your specific bolt'ons. Much like Ed Maestro

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Dubstro

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2016 2dr GTI 6MT

Still waiting on my AP to arrive but my decision to buy came down to four things.

1. Custom etune
2. Switching tunes from diff tuners myself (edit: I mean Cobb protuners)
3. Datalogging
4. Resale of AP

I'm sure APR meets the needs of most people but for many the cobb/maestro options allow for new level of tuning whether from protuner or DIY.

Benihana

Go Kart Champion
I just went from a JB4 Map1 to a Map Stage 2 91 octane(gonna stack eventually) and my clutch started slipping instantly, lol, FALK!!! I haven't been able to feel the full power of the tune because it started slipping on the first WOT test, and I won't be able to test the Stage 2 E30 tune at all until i get a new clutch :(.....My next purchase is a DKM Stage 2 Kit. Pay to play!!!

Derushi

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Long

I've thought about it for a while as well but ultimately decided on Cobb because of cost, map switching, and resale. Datalogging and the other features like rev limiter launch control/flat foot shifting are great too, and there's probably more to come.

I have no plans of going big turbo but when my turbo fails, I will take that opportunity to go IS38 (or bigger). If I went with APR, I would have to pay another $699 (if I had an APR tune previously) or $999 as a new customer. With Cobb, I just pay maybe an extra $2-300 dollar for Stratified to update my custom tune for IS38 turbo.

APR is probably great and plenty of people testify to this, but thinking about the cost in the long run, it wasn't for me. Maybe if I went IS38/big turbo from the get-go and maybe if they had map switching (without having to go to your local APR dealer).

AtlantaDad

Drag Race Newbie
For what it's worth, I get some burbles and small pops on the regular MAP stage 2 with a MAP catted/resonated downpipe. It's very understated...not crazy loud like some of the videos I've seen of the "pops and bangs" tunes. I like it.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Traybs

Hey guys,
This is my first time tuning
I am a little concerned with some of my logs.
I have a 2015 GTI SE DSG I always put in 93 Octane.
I am currently running the MAP Stage 1 tune v2.2
I am completely stock except for a K&N Drop in filter.
I have let the car adapt to the tune for over 200 miles.
Is it safe to have my boost pressure at 21psi at 6300 RPM with no other mods on 93?
Also is it normal to have the boost dip in the beginning of the pull like it does?
Finally should I be concerned with the amount of KN and timing I'm pulling?
I planned on going back to stage 0 and doing some logs to see if similar things were happening and maybe switching to some RS7 plugs. What do you guys think?

First Log:
https://datazap.me/u/tylerraba/map-stage-1-93-20180326?log=0&data=1-9-13-16-19-20-21-22

Second:
https://datazap.me/u/tylerraba/map-stage-1-93-20180327?log=0&data=1-10-14-17-20-21-22-23

BravoMike

Go Kart Champion
Hey guys,
This is my first time tuning
I am a little concerned with some of my logs.
I have a 2015 GTI SE DSG I always put in 93 Octane.
I am currently running the MAP Stage 1 tune v2.2
I am completely stock except for a K&N Drop in filter.
I have let the car adapt to the tune for over 200 miles.
Is it safe to have my boost pressure at 21psi at 6300 RPM with no other mods on 93?
Also is it normal to have the boost dip in the beginning of the pull like it does?
Finally should I be concerned with the amount of KN and timing I'm pulling?
I planned on going back to stage 0 and doing some logs to see if similar things were happening and maybe switching to some RS7 plugs. What do you guys think?

First Log:
https://datazap.me/u/tylerraba/map-stage-1-93-20180326?log=0&data=1-9-13-16-19-20-21-22

Second:
https://datazap.me/u/tylerraba/map-stage-1-93-20180327?log=0&data=1-10-14-17-20-21-22-23

Something is going on with cylinder 1. It's not horrible, but it's not acting acting like other cylinders. If it were my car, I would be swapping plugs and coils around to see if it moves to another cylinder. In short, I would be troubleshooting.

yantastic

Passed Driver's Ed
Does anyone know the performance difference between 91 and 93 octane with the MAP Stage 1 tune? I couldn't find any info on their site.

It's mostly 91 by where I live, with some 93 stations further out.

BravoMike

Go Kart Champion
Does anyone know the performance difference between 91 and 93 octane with the MAP Stage 1 tune? I couldn't find any info on their site.

It's mostly 91 by where I live, with some 93 stations further out.

Their website is lacking big time and needs more information.

I have the 91 tune, but I also have E20 in my tank right now. I haven't gone through an entire tank yet as I've only had the tune for a short time.

That said, I have done a little bit of logging and monitoring through the AP and so far the 91 tune is solid. When I get more time I can post logs. I am planning on running this tune with 93 and 91 so see how it performs. If those all look solid as well, I may get their 93 tune.

To answer your question, I don't know but for $75 the 91 tune still seems like a good buy.

Status
Not open for further replies.