GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

JB4 Logging, stacking and Map 6 Discussion

joneze93tsi

Passed Driver's Ed
Just for my own peace of mind..

Map2 is fine for use with my stock DP until I find one I like and move to map6 custom tuning correct?

psychonosspaz

Go Kart Champion

GLoBaLReBeL

Ready to race!
Hey guys, been a while since I have been in this thread. I decided to do some logging and found that even in Map 0 when I push it, the highest timing I get is like 7 or 8, and I'm reading all these different logs from people and see like 13+ . . . I can't figure out what the problem is :-( When in Map 0, i get no retard but still only see 7 or 8 timing advance all the way to 6500 rpm (I normally shift at 5400). Any ideas on what I can log with VCDS to see if I can narrow in on the problem?

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Hey guys, been a while since I have been in this thread. I decided to do some logging and found that even in Map 0 when I push it, the highest timing I get is like 7 or 8, and I'm reading all these different logs from people and see like 13+ . . . I can't figure out what the problem is :-( When in Map 0, i get no retard but still only see 7 or 8 timing advance all the way to 6500 rpm (I normally shift at 5400). Any ideas on what I can log with VCDS to see if I can narrow in on the problem?

91ACN gas is your problem. Throw some E85 in there and you'll get all sorts of timing advance.

nate704

Go Kart Champion

I have not seen 13+ ign1 timing advance. around 9-10 is normal and that's all you need.
It could be your fuel and try to change to different gas/gas station or try higher octane fuel to see if it helps. Also, it the log was done on an uphill, which will induce more load, hence pull timing (experts please correct me if i'm wrong).
So, try different/better fuel and log on a relatively flat road.

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
I have not seen 13+ ign1 timing advance. around 9-10 is normal and that's all you need.
It could be your fuel and try to change to different gas/gas station or try higher octane fuel to see if it helps. Also, it the log was done on an uphill, which will induce more load, hence pull timing (experts please correct me if i'm wrong).
So, try different/better fuel and log on a relatively flat road.

Running on a hill doesn't matter except to traction. It's his fuel.

mat3jko

How does that look to you guys?

https://datazap.me/u/mat3jkomk7/mk7-gti-jb4-map2?log=0&data=1-4-11-14-18-25-26-27-28

Map 2 on stock car (just a BMC drop in filter) with 100 RON fuel. I did however get a little timing pull on two cylinders in the first run, but didn't save a log because I got off the throttle for a moment during that run. Then i did a follow up run (2 minutes later, same road, same conditions ofc...) which I've posted above, and I didn't get the timing pull on neither of cylinders. Should I've been worried? The boost doesn't seems that high for me, that I should be getting timing pulls with 100 RON and 40 degress fahrenheit ouside.

Last edited:

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
How does that look to you guys?

https://datazap.me/u/mat3jkomk7/mk7-gti-jb4-map2?log=0&data=1-4-11-14-18-25-26-27-28

Map 2 on stock car (just a BMC drop in filter) with 100 RON fuel. I did however get a little timing pull on two cylinders in the first run, but didn't save a log because I got off the throttle for a moment during that run. Then i did a follow up run (2 minutes later, same road, same conditions ofc...) which I've posted above, and I didn't get the timing pull on neither of cylinders. Should I've been worried? The boost doesn't seems that high for me, that I should be getting timing pulls with 100 RON and 40 degress fahrenheit ouside.

Looks good.

joneze93tsi

Passed Driver's Ed
Yet another (dumb) Question.

I bought my unit used.
I'm worried some of the settings on "user settings" might have been tweaked.
While i'm not running map6 yet, I think FOL and maybe others may be used during Map2?

Can someone verify what stock options are?
My FOL is set to 60? Should have be 40 stock?

GroceryGTIer

Drag Racing Champion
Hello all... got my 2018 from my k04 2013. Definitely really love the car so far, and I'm looking at the jb1 or jb4. I don't care so much about the logging and all that... more a set and forget type thing. I spoke with George, who had said that I could get the 4 and run a higher psi since I'm on 93 octane, and so far... they cannot detect the piggy back.

What would you guys recommend? I'm not looking at any further nodding, just thinking about this one.