GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7.5 OEM LED Tails

ecsta

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 R
Likely because the camera recording and the refresh on the LEDs are out of sync.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Yeah its like that if i try to record mine with my phone, most LED head/tail lights will do it you just dont normally notice.

The Aliexpress ones look nice.

autofi

Passed Driver's Ed
In order to prevent the sweep for hazards/lock/unlock I have the following workaround for my harness #4715. I use Leuchte21BR to power the LED tail control modules.

If your (4)-Leuchte21BR RC8-Lichtfunktion A 21 is not used as brake light but as Klemme30G, Klemme15... or so you can try the following:

Select Control unit 09 (Central Electrics)
Security access
Access Code 31347
Adaptation
(3)-Dyn. turn signal modes-ZV_Blinken_zu
value = active
(4)-Dyn. turn signal modes-ZV_Blinken_auf
value = active
(16)-Dyn. turn signal modes-Warnblinken_Zuendung_EIN
value = active
(17)-Dyn. turn signal modes-Warnblinken_Zuendung_AUS
value = active
(8)-Leuchte21BR RC8-Lichtfunktion C 21
value = Aktive Blinkfunktion hat ein auf 1 gesetztes zugeordnetes Bit in pa_dynamisch_blinken
(10)-Leuchte21BR RC8-Dimmwert CD 21
value = 0
(11)-Leuchte21BR RC8-Dimming Direction CD 21
value = minimize
For VCDS users 3,4,16,17,is listed without the Dyn. signal mode description,second half is listed.
Great find!

Tac

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
'18 R & '17 GTI
Just did the install and running into some issues after coding.

Issues:

• 2 Errors in VCDS
    • Control Module Incorrectly Coded
    • Bulb for Left Turn Lamp / Break Light
  • 3 Errors on Dash
    • Light Fault
    • Left Brake Light Fault
    • Right Brake Light Fault
      • Weirdly enough this one only appears if Lampendefektbitpositionis set to 00 or 23, but under 13 only the two above show up.
Facts:

• 2017 GTI Sport
  • DAP Harness
  • Two non-fog inner tail lights
  • Wiring appears correct since lights function fine.
Here are the coding instructions I followed:
20BR
Lasstyp 20 = 6 (Per earlier advice in posts, instructions call for 32)
Lampendefektbitposition 20 = 23 (per earlier advice in posts, was originally 13 on my car, tried with both but they still faulted, instructions called for 0)
L A 20 = Klemme 30 G (Just Klemme 30 was not available in VCDS, which is what DAP instructions called for)
L B 20 = Not Active
L C 20 = Not Active
L E 20 = Not Active
Dimmwert AB20 = 127
21BR
Lasstyp 21 = 34
L B 21 = Not Active
L C 21 = Not Active
L E 21 = Not Active
Dimmwert AB21 = 127
23SL
Lasstyp 23 = 38
L B 23 = Not Active
L C 23 = Blinken Links Hellphase
Dimmwert CD23 = 127​
24SL
Lasstyp 24 = 38
L B 24 = Not Active
L C 24 = Blinken Rechts Hellphase
Dimmwert CD24 = 127
28RFL
Lasstyp 28 = 6 (Per earlier advice in posts, instructions call for 32)
L A 28 = Now Rueckfahrlicht, was previously erroneously set to Nebelschlusslicht wenn kein Anhaeenger gesteck
I did not modify 27NSL as I do not have inner lights that have fog lights, I also did not run the blue wire from inner right harness to inner left harness, since it was not required without fogs per DAP instructions. Drivers inner has green wire in pin 6.

If anyone has absolutely any idea as to what to look into I'd really appreciate it!

EDIT: After busting out google translate I realized that I shouldn't have touched 28RFL, I've set L A 28 back to Rueckfahrlicht. I've decided to keep Lasstyp 28 as 6 as that seems to be what the previous instructions called for. Played around with setting it to 9 (What I believe is the original value) and 32 but neither seemed to stop the VCDS faults.

Last edited:

ZERO815

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
28 is supposed to be Reverse light and not Fog light as you coded it. Try the following coding and your issues should be resolved.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ZERO815

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
Fantastic instructions, thank you so much! Car is now fault free and the lights work perfectly.

My pleasure!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheGreekFreak

Go Kart Champion
So the DAP FL harness doesn't come with complete detailed error-free coding instructions? If that's the case, that is ridiculous.

Jbale's coding took 5 minutes to do with detailed instructions, no issues whatsoever, and he's not a big company like DAP.

Tac

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
'18 R & '17 GTI
So the DAP FL harness doesn't come with complete detailed error-free coding instructions? If that's the case, that is ridiculous.

Jbale's coding took 5 minutes to do with detailed instructions, no issues whatsoever, and he's not a big company like DAP.

Yea the instructions they provide are garbage. I think they push people to spend money on the automatic obdeleven coding thing they have, it costs coins or some other currency in that app. I have VCDS so that wasn't an option for me.

Crild

Drag Race Newbie
Yea the instructions they provide are garbage. I think they push people to spend money on the automatic obdeleven coding thing they have, it costs coins or some other currency in that app. I have VCDS so that wasn't an option for me.
They go thru it detailed on their install video but no written steps so just follow along

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

7umberjackZac

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
Gti

davidhn92

Hi guys, I received my lights just under 5 weeks from order date from e-acca (would've been under 3 weeks but one light arrived to them broken). Took about 3 hrs to install with Audiamants EU halogen - > facelift LED harness in the pitch black and rain as I couldn't wait til the next day.

Lights have been working perfectly in the last week, I'm wondering if anyone with the Audiamant harness knows which lines of coding to change to achieve solid blinkers for lock/unlock ? Thank you!

lijetta18t

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi guys, I received my lights just under 5 weeks from order date from e-acca (would've been under 3 weeks but one light arrived to them broken). Took about 3 hrs to install with Audiamants EU halogen - > facelift LED harness in the pitch black and rain as I couldn't wait til the next day.

Lights have been working perfectly in the last week, I'm wondering if anyone with the Audiamant harness knows which lines of coding to change to achieve solid blinkers for lock/unlock ? Thank you!

This is hard set via the Audiamant modules and not a code-able option.

Pickleahoy1

Ready to race!
Ebay has started lowering the price on the plug and play Chinese knockoffs enough to be a consideration. Anyone with the ebay ones have anything to say about the quality of the replicas? Since these tails are all about looks, I wonder if they are cosmetically the same quality. If it's something like ED's fronts vs OEM I would never buy the replicas.

ecsta

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 R
Ebay has started lowering the price on the plug and play Chinese knockoffs enough to be a consideration. Anyone with the ebay ones have anything to say about the quality of the replicas? Since these tails are all about looks, I wonder if they are cosmetically the same quality. If it's something like ED's fronts vs OEM I would never buy the replicas.

If you're gonna buy from eBay wait until they do another one of their global 20 or 15% off day sales.

Don't the knockoffs still have to run a wire from the outer to inner to get dynamic functionality unless you're a EU region? Or have they solved it where no harness is needed at all to get full dynamic sweeping?

If no harness was needed at all then i'd probably give a try TBH, but i would have low expectations and expect them to look worse than the OEM ones..