GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

$2500 to get an insurance on my GTI?????

dood.

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI S DSG
What about getting a nice, clean used MK6? Might be worth getting an insurance quote to see if it fits your budget better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SkiZZy1

Passed Driver's Ed
Im 31, more accidents and speeding tickets than I can count on both hands, 81 a month for full coverage haha... I remember looking when I was 19-20 and they wanted about the same...it was insane. By yourself a golf instead and when you hit 26ish your rates will drop

This, buy a Golf for even cheaper, pick up an is20 for around $350 and boom you stuck it to the man.

heiney9

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTi Sport DSG
I'm afraid age is against you. Although I think over $5K a year is ridiculous for a GTi. There must be something you're not telling us.

I'm 51 my insurance is $510/yr. on my MK7 and $395/yr. for my MK5. Not a fair comparison however because of the age difference.

ElectricEye

Autocross Newbie
Age certainly works against the OP.
Location means a lot as well.
My rates dropped by over $50.00 per month when I moved from Staten Island to central NJ two years ago.
My rates would be lower, but my wife brings them up :mad: due to her bad credit and a fender bender she had a couple of years ago.

heiney9

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTi Sport DSG
Yes, location has A LOT to do with it also.

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Can't stress this enough. Shop around. Get a quote from every insurance company you can think of.

Just from moving from one company to another, I dropped from $2400 to $1300 per year. Of course that's with 2 accidents (not mine)

Also, the things that you can control on application like parking situation, purpose of car, miles driven...control them.

You can't fix driving record, gender, age, location. Well I guess you could, but that's a whole other topic.

russiankid

Drag Race Newbie
Location and age. You're basically paying the insurance company higher premium because of other drivers as well aka location.

Edit: I pay $600/annual for my GTI and I am 27.

Last edited:

armedferret

Ready to race!
Qualifying for USAA would certainly help, but you would need to enlist. But then you wouldn't get to drive your own car much.

Strange, I report for duty every day on an installation with TENS of thousands of servicemembers and nearly all of us drive our cars every day.

XM_Rocks

Autocross Newbie
Can't stress this enough. Shop around. Get a quote from every insurance company you can think of.

Just from moving from one company to another, I dropped from $2400 to $1300 per year. Of course that's with 2 accidents (not mine)

Also, the things that you can control on application like parking situation, purpose of car, miles driven...control them.

You can't fix driving record, gender, age, location. Well I guess you could, but that's a whole other topic.

^ this

You can also use an insurance broker.

tcabrino

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
MK7.5 Rabbit
I got mine when I was 19, but only had my license for a year as I only moved to the US when I was 18. Mine was that or even more for 6 months. I drove without collision insurance so it could be cheaper. Don't drive the car much so can be cautious about it.

nusko

Passed Driver's Ed
Im 19, no tickets/accident. I live in a city very close to Montreal. I own a 2017 gti and i pay 124$ cad per month(94usd). Ive only had my driving lisence for a years and a half. 2500 for 6 month is unreal. You should check with other insurance companies.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Gibberoni

Ready to race!
For sure get a quote! I do it every 6 months to make sure I am getting the best rate. I was actually on the phone for about an hour yesterday with different companies, and I got the below quotes for the same coverage (100/300 with $1000 collision and $0 comp), but keep in mind this was for 2 drivers and 2 cars (15 GTI and 16 Jetta)

State Farm: $175/m
Progressive: $220/m
Geico: $300/m
Amico: $2,000/m (yeah, thats right, $24K a year.... the guy had no idea what was up with that)
Nationwide: $500/m

All of this in Atlanta and no at fault claims on either car.