GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Wheel tread wearing

mawallace

Ready to race!
While checking my depths this morning I noticed that my rear tyres had 5mm of depth and the "inside" tread, while the 'outside' tread was 2.4m.

both of them have worn in the same way - is this normal? do I need to have my wheel alignment checked.

The tyres are The Pirelli Cinturato P7's.

See photo

Attachments

• 20171105_103631[1].jpg
    20171105_103631[1].jpg
    426 KB · Views: 610

TecklenburgVW

Go Kart Champion
While checking my depths this morning I noticed that my rear tyres had 5mm of depth and the "inside" tread, while the 'outside' tread was 2.4m.

both of them have worn in the same way - is this normal? do I need to have my wheel alignment checked.

The tyres are The Pirelli Cinturato P7's.

See photo
Yes, have the alignment checked. It appears you may need more negative camber in the rear.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

lou06483

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
Audi and VW
Respectfully- there's NO camber adjustment on the rear axle.
FWIW--very slight adjustments can be had by moving the sub frame

Evil Minion

Ready to race!
Yep, as has been said, alignment.

On a side note, holy tread cracks!!! :eek: Were you running these below 45°F or something?

Best course of action is to get an alignment while you are having new tires mounted.

ATR

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
'17 Golf R 6mt
Surprised that no one mentioned tire pressure...

If the inner part of the tread is as low as the outside yet the center shows more tread this points squarely at running the tires with too little pressure. COLD PSI is 39. I typically use 40psi after I drive to the place locally that has free air.