GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

OEM Audi Jack Pad Adapters + Trim

nicholam77

Go Kart Champion
The other day I finished installing my OEM Audi Jack Pad Adapters. I had installed the grommets and inserts previously, but broke most of the clips on the plastic under trim when putting them in. A lot of people re-use the trim pieces and cut holes for the jack pads with a hole saw, but since mine were broken anyways I was able to track down (with the help of forum member DPRider2!) a matching Audi trim part with a cutout already in place.

These are the part numbers:

Underbody Cover - Front Right --> 8V0825272

Underbody Cover - Front Left --> 8V0825271

ECS and DAP have them for ~$15-20 a piece, and e-acca.com has them for ~$5 each if you're willing to wait for overseas shipment. I ordered from DAP, which I believe they then have to order from VW so it took awhile to receive.

Here is a comparison between the VW trim piece (bottom) and the Audi trim piece (top):

You can see they are pretty much identical except for the circular cut out.

Nice and clean once installed:

Thought others may be interested vs. using the hole saw method.

BTW, I have seen claims that these jack pads can only be used with a 4 point lift. While that may be their intent, I have used them several times and I am way more comfortable using these as jacking points as opposed to the subframe. Now if I need to lift the car quickly and safely, I back the rear onto ramps, jack up the front from the jack pad adapters, place jack stands on the pinch welds where they belong, and then place the jack under the subframe bolt for extra failsafe.

kDizz781

Ready to race!
This is fantastic! I am looking to do this on my 2017 GTI

Would this be everything needed to complete this setup? I am pricing it out on ECS

Jack Pad Adapter Kit (part# ECS10724KT ) from ECS
https://www.ecstuning.com/b-assembled-by-ecs-parts/jack-pad-adapter-kit/ecs10724kt/

and

Underbody cover (Right part# 8V0825271 and Left part# 8V0825272) that you mentioned above

Right: https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine-volkswagen-audi-parts/underbody-cover-front-right/8v0825272/

Left: https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine-volkswagen-audi-parts/floor-pan-splash-shield/8v0825271/

Thanks!

GeoBog

Ready to race!
What ramps are those? They look interesting. Do they clear the front bumper or just the rear?

nicholam77

Go Kart Champion
This is fantastic! I am looking to do this on my 2017 GTI

Would this be everything needed to complete this setup? I am pricing it out on ECS

Jack Pad Adapter Kit (part# ECS10724KT ) from ECS
https://www.ecstuning.com/b-assembled-by-ecs-parts/jack-pad-adapter-kit/ecs10724kt/

and

Underbody cover (Right part# 8V0825271 and Left part# 8V0825272) that you mentioned above

Right: https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine-volkswagen-audi-parts/underbody-cover-front-right/8v0825272/

Left: https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine-volkswagen-audi-parts/floor-pan-splash-shield/8v0825271/

Thanks!

That's everything that I purchased, yes. If you're willing to wait, you can get it all from overseas on e-acca.com for much, much cheaper.

FYI since posting this it has come to my attention via other forum members that there are additional parts that can be had in this setup:

They are the front jack pad covers for the Audi trim:

Front Jack Socket - right ES#2726181 8V0802846
Front Jack Socket - Left ES#2725579 8V0802845

And this is an alternative to installing the circular pads in the rear:

Rear Jack Socket - ES#2733037 8V0802847A

I'm quoting GolfMk7 member lucyfek's post to me below so you can see how these additional parts fit in. I currently have the front covers on order, myself.

Unless you've skipped the picture of completed setup, you may be missing the cap (as you can see mine is used, I do not bother taking it off when lifting the front).

No reason to let in salt;)
I've also have rear jack points installed.

The only problem with this setup is that while the points can be used to lift the vehicle up, there's really nowhere to place jack stands (well, rear can be done) without messing up bottom of the car (I do not have secure 4 point lift in my garage). For this reason I try to use wheel ramps for most of the work (nothing big yet so not a huge issue).

nicholam77

Go Kart Champion
What ramps are those? They look interesting. Do they clear the front bumper or just the rear?

The ramps! I really like them. They are the Scepter 08226 Plastic Automotive Ramp Set on Amazon.

I'm on VWR springs and unfortunately cannot drive up the front. So I use it for rear only. But... it is nice to back up the rear, and then but the front alone on jack stands. Easy way to get all 4 corners up a bit and get under the car easier without having to place 4 jack stands (always freaks me out for some reason). I used this method to install my catback exhaust. I also use them for oil changes on my wife's CX-5.

They may not work for you if you're looking for ramps for the front, but if you can make them work they are extremely solid and have rubber pads on the bottom so they don't slide around as you drive up on them. I read some questionable reviews with the popular Rhino Ramp brand which is why I went with these instead, and have not been disappointed.

Excellent, thanks.

No problem!

DUSlider

Ready to race!
Car(s)
16' GTI SE/PP
Interesting, looking to get a quick lift and I think this will be another mod with it...

mursepaolo

Ready to race!
Been looking for these! Thanks all

AsymmetricKururin

Car(s)
2017 Golf R
You'll need a skinny service jack to make full use of these

Just a heads-up to people who are thinking of installing jack pad adapters...
If you plan to use your hydraulic service jack on the jack pad adapter so you can leave the pinch weld available for your jack stand, you will need to have a skinny or small-ish service jack and/or remove the side handles from the service jack.
Otherwise it's just not possible to get both jacks close enough together to have one on the pinch weld and the other on the corresponding jack pad adapter.
At least this is my experience... maybe someone who has made it work with a standard-sized 3-ton service jack could post a couple of pictures. :D

EDIT: Oh, I see that lucyfec mentioned this issue in her picture caption above.

Last edited:

Crud_muffin

Ready to race!
Car(s)
e-Golf
If you plan to use your hydraulic service jack on the jack pad adapter so you can leave the pinch weld available for your jack stand, you will need to have a skinny or small-ish service jack and/or remove the side handles from the service jack.
Otherwise it's just not possible to get both jacks close enough together to have one on the pinch weld and the other on the corresponding jack pad adapter.
At least this is my experience... maybe someone who has made it work with a standard-sized 3-ton service jack could post a couple of pictures. :D

EDIT: Oh, I see that lucyfec mentioned this issue in her picture caption above.

Good point. Had to remove the side handle on my Harbor Freight low profile jack. Fortunately it's the lightweight version and the center bar can act as a handle.

Gogo GTI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport

If you plan to use your hydraulic service jack on the jack pad adapter so you can leave the pinch weld available for your jack stand, you will need to have a skinny or small-ish service jack...

Isn't that what's essentially going on in this picture?

If you can't lift the car using the jack pad and lower it on a jack stand using a pinch weld, then it defeats the whole purpose. Thanks for pointing that out.

nicholam77

Go Kart Champion
Isn't that what's essentially going on in this picture?

If you can't lift the car using the jack pad and lower it on a jack stand using a pinch weld, then it defeats the whole purpose. Thanks for pointing that out.

It is :)

With this harbor freight jack it's a very tight fit with the handle pointing towards the jack stand (driver's side), but it is possible. Fits much better on the passenger side. I am planning on removing the carry handle to make this easier.

CamarosRus

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2019 Golf SE
Looking for least expensive solution/alternative for buying Front and Rear Jacking Pad
Frame Inserts....
Somebody making a HUGE profit on these plastic injection Molded pieces ???

kDizz781

Ready to race!
Looking for least expensive solution/alternative for buying Front and Rear Jacking Pad
Frame Inserts....
I don't know of any alternatives, but I can say they are not just injected molded plastic.

They are OEM pieces that fit perfect, and are safe. In my opinion, I wouldn't skimp. Good luck finding an alternative

Faceman

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'17 GSW 4Mo
Frame Inserts....
Buy them from E-ACCA.