GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

It's the subtle cosmetic mods I like... POST YOURS

Dnice1

Some trim wrap in 3M 1080 White Carbon to do some interior contrast!

I like it. I did mine in 4D black carbon fiber. How did you manage to do the handbrake? I got everything else pretty neat but didn't have a good way of doing that.

Nathan_C

What everyone think if this side splitter/diffuser I made today

Had the idea for a mates car non vw and wondered how it would look on my gti

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

BxGTI

Go Kart Champion

Soo, any info on this not over the top tasteful mod? I think that what I like about it is how subtle it looks, very nicely done.

Sent from the Moon using Tapatalk

Nathan_C

Soo, any info on this not over the top tasteful mod? I think that what I like about it is how subtle it looks, very nicely done.

Sent from the Moon using Tapatalk
It just a piece of pvc plastic cut and sanded to shape then wrapped in carbon style vinyl.

I still haven't fixed them properly yet. Was hoping to screw them to the original plastic trim but thinking of using 3m tape.

Do anyone have any other suggestions?

Last edited:

Brolly

Passed Driver's Ed

Awesome mod bro,
Subtle yet very distinctive

Would love to do that but unfortunately on a 4-door you will most definitely get some idiot passenger stepping on it while getting in or out

darkice1

Passed Driver's Ed
I like it. I did mine in 4D black carbon fiber. How did you manage to do the handbrake? I got everything else pretty neat but didn't have a good way of doing that.

You can remove the part by pulling towards the front of the car, after that it's a lot's of patience and a good heat gun!

Sent from my iPhone

Hackett896

Passed Driver's Ed
I have not installed yet, but I recently purchased some new badges for my beauty. Does anyone know where I can purchase matte black GTI emblem for the front grill. Once done, operation blackout will be complete.
Picture shows gloss, but ordered in matte black.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

danielmckendry

Ready to race!
Some trim wrap in 3M 1080 White Carbon to do some interior contrast!

Hey, dark, exactly the same as i've done. Same cf wrap too. Only difference being i'm RHD. Did it about 8 months ago, currently in the process of taking the wrap off and redoing it with plain white plastidip. I didn't think it would be much different but the plain white completely refreshes the look from the cf.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

ghost_rider

I have not installed yet, but I recently purchased some new badges for my beauty. Does anyone know where I can purchase matte black GTI emblem for the front grill. Once done, operation blackout will be complete.
Picture shows gloss, but ordered in matte black.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Whats the quality of that mate?

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
Whats the quality of that mate?

I got the matte black with red backing. No complaints with the front badge, fits perfectly and snugly and comes with a 3M tape to adhere it. Back one was really difficult to get off, and the aftermarket one was very loose, clips did not hold it in place at all. The instructions say to use epoxy on two of the mounting holes to hold it on but I used clear silicon caulking in case i wanted to remove it later. I put it on all the clips. I recommend putting a small bead of something around the entire circle edge because mine has a noticeable gap when opening the hatch and it flexes and makes a rattling noise when the hatch gets closed.

The quality is good otherwise. I dropped mine onto rough concrete twice during the install and they didn't scratch at all. Overall I'm happy with it, I just would choose to plastidip my own in the future I think. If i didnt want the red backing I would have done that instead

Sorry about the drops, it's raining here today

Attachments

• badges.jpg
    badges.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 4,882

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
Bought some plasti-dip yesterday for my b pillars since I couldnt stand the piano black being scratched and dirty all the time. Thinking about playing around with it. What do you think of this photoshop concept? Too much?

Attachments

• gti concept.jpg
    gti concept.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 4,885