GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2015 6MT Shifting Problem

AjaXx

Passed Driver's Ed
Hey guys, I have a 2015 GTI that is unitronic stage 1+ tuned. Under WOT (quick shifts) from 1st to 2nd gear, the shifter makes its way into second gear but its almost as if the car isn't holding the power and the clutch becomes soft... hard to explain. The shift indicator light on the dash is supposed to from 1-->2 but still thinks I'm in first gear. Also does it from 2nd to 3rd gear under quick acceleration. I know I need a new clutch since I'm tuned, but I wanted to make sure that it is indeed the clutch and not some other problem.

Thanks!

Ghawkins

Ready to race!
With that level of slip, you will probably need a new flywheel as well. Just be prepared with the new parts when you or your mechanic dissasemble everything.

greggles

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
GTI
Don't forget a new throwout bearing, and possibly replacing the rear main seal while everything is apart.

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
If the clutch was slipping I'd think you'd notice that rather than dash indication issues.

Is it revving higher faster than the speedo is climbing? I mean it's pretty obvious what's happening when the clutch slips, especially since traction control catches it and cuts power.

Sounds more like you're just noticing the clutch delay valve metering flow on clutch release

Jose_Gti

Autocross Newbie
Plan on getting the clutch & flywheel kit for sure

Besides the new clutch (I recommend the TTRS kit) being a manual car I would get a short sifter and the ECS clutch bleeder block, those 2 mods will transform the way you feel your transmison.
If you are around Philly and want to drive mine let me know.

Oldschoolmk7

Go Kart Champion
Wot speed shifts. Lol. I will just check on out of here...