GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Slight Issue, should I be concerned?

Dutchovenpro

Passed Driver's Ed
I have an issue. After purchasing a new vehicle, I usually digress, lose interest after about 6 months. The GTI is still my preferred car for any and all driving, even after 9 months of ownership. Should I be concerned? :D

ATR

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
'17 Golf R 6mt
I have an issue. After purchasing a new vehicle, I usually digress, lose interest after about 6 months. The GTI is still my preferred car for any and all driving, even after 9 months of ownership. Should I be concerned? :D

It's been almost a year and I still get giddy when I have to drive some place :D

The only thing to get concerned about is if you get the mod bug. That's when this gets really interesting :eek:

Jose_Gti

Autocross Newbie
2 years and a half and still look back after parking ��

N2fastcars

Ready to race!
I know I have the same issues described. I really like driving this car, it's so engaging and makes my commute enjoyable. I feel very fortunate that my wife and I are able to have two fairly new vehicles that I enjoy for two completely different reasons. My 15 GTI as described and her 17 Pilot ExL. It's not engaging but very comfortable, roomy and so easy to get the children in and out of...

Genegenie

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
VW Golf
Same here, 15 months in still love and car - and it has still that 'new car smell', mmmmm. Passengers also still remark "this is nice and quiet, and you get 50+MPG you say ?"....

SpinKix

Passed Driver's Ed
I've had my GTI for 3 months now, so half way to 6 months.

I HOPE I get tired of it, because I'm clocking twice the mileage per month of my last car, and I'm losing my low mileage auto insurance discount.

Can't stop finding excuses to drive it, and now all my family members know I'm a sucker for a ride :)

Every time the grand kids want to go to Dollar Tree to stock up on ingredients for slime, they call "Guber".

They all love the car too.

My granddaughter knows I don't push it until the oil temp is 185.

The other day I hear from the back seat "185 Grandpa, PUNCH IT!"

Last edited:

Hambone

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2020 TR GTI SE
I've been in a GTI since 2010. Each and every time I go to work in it, or go run an errand, I always get excited to drive it. Thats how I know I've found the right car for me.

Oldschoolmk7

Go Kart Champion
Great car and strong value proposition. I looked at a low mile pullied 14 GT500 yesterday. Outside of the extreme amount of power which was fun I actually enjoyed my drive back home in the GTI better. Lol.

tknj99

Ready to race!
What I love about this car is its excellent balance. On top of that, how understated it is... when i see all those other boy racer mobiles and pumped up testosterone muscle cars, its just way too over the top.. the GTI/R have that understated elegance, you only find in other European cars.