GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Hood adjustment

yakboyslim

Go Kart Champion
After an intercooler install my hood is sitting lower than my fenders and I think basically with it the inside of the headlights is too low as well.

I don't remember any adjustable bolt holes during the intercooler install, everything seemed to go together the only way it could with no slop. I'm not seeing anything adjustable for the hood latch.

Does anyone know how to adjust this? I found another thread talking about adjusting the headlights, and I could do that but I think once the hood gets adjusted those will come with it.

http://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16292&highlight=hood+adjustment

yakboyslim

Go Kart Champion
Kinda tough to tell in the photo, but the hood is below the fenders.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

yakboyslim

Go Kart Champion
I'm racking my brain real hard, and I don't think it was like that but I never specifically checked. I am thinking the core support is lower now but I don't know how that would happen or how to raise it since I don't think that any of those bolt holes had any wiggle in them.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

yakboyslim

Go Kart Champion
Nevermind... I didn't feel this when I did it, but I guess the whole thing is adjustable...

Right at 6:54 it falls a little bit once it is loosened.

https://youtu.be/g2abu2DZIO0?t=6m54s

Well, looks like I am taking the bumper off soon... Hoping that the original bolt position has left marks to line it back up with.

amritdesai

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GTI
Nevermind... I didn't feel this when I did it, but I guess the whole thing is adjustable...

Right at 6:54 it falls a little bit once it is loosened.

Well, looks like I am taking the bumper off soon... Hoping that the original bolt position has left marks to line it back up with.

Having the same issue after my intercooler install. Any luck adjusting?

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
You can adjust the bolts on the lever hinges that the hood rotates about (by the windshield). You can also raise the latch mechanism (remove the grille first).

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
Great news - I don’t have to pull everything apart again! Thanks man

My hood was sitting a little low before. I flipped through the service manual and found the instructions. Pretty easy job save for the hinges wanting to push the hood out when you loosen the hinge bolts (my hood was uneven not just in the front, yours may be fine so no hinge adjustment may be needed).