GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

FWD Sportwagen with Golf Sport Suspension

MyGolf7

Passed Driver's Ed
I have purchased a 2017 Golf Sportwagen and have begun to "make it mine" with a few mods. So far the only functional mod has been the addition of a GTI sway bar (#5Q0-511-305-BA). This bar made a nice difference in the handling but I would like to go one more step.

Here's the question...
I would like to follow up with the Golf "Sport Suspension Kit" (#5G4071677E), but VW doesn't say that this will work on my Sportwagen. I'm pretty sure it will fit, but will the added weight from the Sportwagen's longer rear end cause the rear to sag or drop? Has anybody done this? :confused:

Thanks

artur1292

Go Kart Champion
For the mk7 gen I know the strut sizes are different so, I would make sure that the strut is the same diameter other than that everything should bolt right up. As for the rear that might be an issue. I doubt the rear of the sport wagon is that much more heavy but, I'll let some one who knows more about them comment on that.

MyGolf7

Passed Driver's Ed
Thanks, been through those threads but I'm not finding anything about Sportwagens on the VW springs. I see a lot of GTIs, 2 and 4 door Golfs. I need to find out something specific about Sportwagens on the DG springs.

MyGolf7

Passed Driver's Ed
Weight might not be an issue after all, the Sportwagen is listed as 3120 vs the GTI 4 door @ 3086. So only 34 lbs more according to VW.

Boy, you have to do some digging to find worthwhile specs on the VW site. :rolleyes:

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion

MyGolf7

Passed Driver's Ed
I just ordered 5Q0-511-305-BA too from DAP. How noticeable was the difference? Did you change the front?

The difference is quite noticeable, I had to go out on a nice long twisty road "test ride" (left the CSP Miata at home this time) just to enjoy the change. Much less sway of course, but steadier in the corner and maybe better turn in. Honestly, it gets hard to find where actual improvement ends & wishful thinking begins. But I'd sure buy this bar again, I think that you'll notice the difference.

MyGolf7

Passed Driver's Ed
Some good helpful answers on the springs, I'm coming from the world of Mazda, VW is "foreign" to me. :D But I'm enjoying the learning experience.

LOL, just got my set of XZN sockets that I found I'm going to need, when I did the sway bar swap.

Caesarmascetti

Passed Driver's Ed
Weight might not be an issue after all, the Sportwagen is listed as 3120 vs the GTI 4 door @ 3086. So only 34 lbs more according to VW.

Boy, you have to do some digging to find worthwhile specs on the VW site. :rolleyes:

here you go, on VW Sportsprings.....fyi my dealer has informed me that these are actually GTI springs painted a different color. I used the Emmanuel Design rear pads so I wouldn't get any reverse rake. The car rides great, handles well no fitment issue couldn't be happier:

MyGolf7

Passed Driver's Ed
Perfect, your Sportwagen looks great, that's just the amount of drop that I'm looking for. Thanks!

I like the front lip too, is that the VW part or something else?