GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Adaptive cruise / collision avoidance camera

Nic1967

Hello , has anyone got some tips for getting front bumper parts
I hit a pheasant with my 2014 GTD and it cracked the honeycombed grille and broke the ACC / collision avoidance camera mounting bracket
I saw an old thread where someone had sourced the grille with the ACC aperture W5G0 853 677 G0 41
And the ACC housing bracket W5G0 907 225 B9 B9 for not a lot
Just wandered if anyone knew where was best to source these parts in the UK
Thanks

It's a safety item. Therefore I'd definitely source it new from Volkswagen
and get it adjusted at Volkswagen. Isn't it an insurance case anyway?

It's not a camera but a radar.

Finglonga

Drag Racing Champion
You can try a breakers but then you will need the radar calibrated by VW. Most likely cheaper to go through your insurance as it wont be cheap.

Nic1967

In a previous post I read it was worth getting VW to calibrate the radar as it has to be within 0.8 degrees , agreed
Just not sure I need an OEM grille as long as aperture allows the radar to view through it
My insurance excess is quite high so wanted to avoid a claim and loss of NCB

Nic1967

Info for those interested

I found a place TPS ( I used Coventry branch on the Bilton Industrial Estate ) they stock VW Audi Seat and Skoda parts, I have heard they actually supply VW with parts , can't verify whether that's true or not

They supplied
5G0907225A989 plastic clip on retaining trim for radar GBP 3,21 + VAT
SG0853677D9B9 GTD honeycombed lower grille with ACC window GBP 28.54 + VAT
S5G0998561 repair kit of 3 plastic nuts and the adjustable brkt GBP 19.61 + VAT

I straightened the steel brackets out refitted the radar and before taking to the VW dealer for set-up I thought I'd set the radar at vertical using an inclinometer ( 0.2deg off vertical ) and set square parallel to the front of the car using a straight edge

Took it out on the road and all seems to be working ok
Tried it in the middle lane of a 3 lane motorway in traffic all ok

Not sure I'll be taking it to the VW dealer now

Pretty pleased it's all fixed for GBP 61.63 and a couple of hours effort
My insurance excess is about ten times that amount

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
In a previous post I read it was worth getting VW to calibrate the radar as it has to be within 0.8 degrees , agreed
Just not sure I need an OEM grille as long as aperture allows the radar to view through it
My insurance excess is quite high so wanted to avoid a claim and loss of NCB

Nothing can in the way of your particular camera. It's not the same design as the ones on cars with pedestrian detection or the rear cross traffic radar. Perhaps you can upgrade to the unit that's behind the VW emblem. I would first look to see if you have the coding for it.