GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2016+ Clubsport Modifications - Part Numbers

king12sky

Ready to race!
Basically the stock GTI PP LCA and the CSS LCA is the same except for the bushing right? Then wouldn't it be more cost effective to just buy the bushing instead of the CSS LCA?

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie
Basically the stock GTI PP LCA and the CSS LCA is the same except for the bushing right? Then wouldn't it be more cost effective to just buy the bushing instead of the CSS LCA?

I think yes.
ECS Tuning sells red bushing that you can swap out.
I think a better option than even the CSS bushings.
Worth a lower cost try.

king12sky

Ready to race!
I think yes.
Worth a lower cost try.

Im just going to go with the SuperPro Bushings all around and add the CSS swivels. If its good enough for the CSS to run the Ring im sure it will do well for me. Saves me a ton of money as well to go stage 3. haha.

A3SBQ

Ready to race!
Im just going to go with the SuperPro Bushings all around and add the CSS swivels. If its good enough for the CSS to run the Ring im sure it will do well for me. Saves me a ton of money as well to go stage 3. haha.

Exactly what I am doing too ?

king12sky

Ready to race!
Exactly what I am doing too ?

If i could find a salvage junk yard website that has the sub frame then it will be the better. i doubt the sub frame i got now will degrade anytime soon. There is no snow where i live so shouldnt be a problem.

yes
yes
that's what I was trying to say

:)

rubber = superior NVH properties

;)

sprinks

Drag Racing Champion
I wouldn't say that. I think there are several that want it, but i don't know that anyone has done it yet. Cars245 has front and rears at less than 80 per spring. I'd imagine comparable setup to DG springs. Pull the trigger, be the experiment.

veedubtuner

Car(s)
2016 2DR GTI S OEM+
CAN SOMEONE PLEASE CONFIRM THE REAR PART NUMBERS FOR ME!!

I work in parts at our local dealer so I have access to ETKA obviously. We just got 8.0 which I was hoping would solve this issue. I am looking for the rear side trim panels from the Clubsport/Clubsport S (2dr) with the Alcantara inserts.

For those unfamiliar with "official" ETKA, you enter the vehicle VIN (which I have both) and it will show you in bold every part that came on the car from the factory. Now it's not 100% accurate and there are errors sometimes. As an example here are the screen shots of my GTI (16 2dr S) shows the part numbers and "PR" codes for different trims.

Here is the Clubsport S, notice the PR codes 3LT with 7TL (I believe this represents "special insert" AKA Alcantara). For the rear though, nothing comes up in bold at all, nor do I see anything with those PR codes

I'm new to this forum and tapatalk so if things are not displayed correctly I apologize, GolfMK7 is blocked at work for some reason [emoji34]

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Not a Clubsport part, but worth considering neverthess:

OE GOLF GTE 25 mm FRONT SWAY BAR

Did someone already mention the Golf GTE (hybrid) comes with a 25 mm x 4 mm front sway bar?

PR-0AF - 5Q0 411 303 AB

Bear in mind it's hollow and not as stiff as solid 25 mm sway bars. It should match most aftermarket
rear sway bars nicely. Even more, it's probably the most affordable front sway upgrade available, at
least if you don't have to pay intercontinental shipping.

;)

CZR

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
VW Golf V GTI Ed. 30
Does anyone know the differences between RS3 8V and CS wheel hub ?
From what I heard, the RS3 has the caliper mounting 10mm more to the inside. Any camber differences between the RS3 and CS ? What about GTI/R vs CS in terms of geometry ?

Last edited:

A3SBQ

Ready to race!
Does anyone know the differences between RS3 8V and CS wheel hub ?
From what I heard, the RS3 has the caliper mounting 10mm more to the inside. Any camber differences between the RS3 and CS ? What about GTI/R vs CS in terms of geometry ?

Hi.
I am just about checking this with my dealer and parts spesialist. (my friend at VW)
I have got the VIN for a brand new RS3 8V (Delivered yesterday)
The part no for the swivels and front bearing is different.
The reason for me to look into this is I am hoping the bearing is pushing 10mm wider track on each side. The RS3 8p had it this way...
Not sure if it gives any camber.

RS3 8v swivels part no: 8v0 407 253a and 254a (left and right)
Rs3 8v front bearing part no: 8v0 498 625C

A3SBQ

Ready to race!
Hi guys.
A friend of mine just received his brand new 7.5 GTI today.
Hi had the Clubsport S rear silencer ordered for installation and found out that it did not match the new Facelift. The CSS tail pipes are to narrow by 2cm on each side. The diffuser is not the same in width. He had to cut the pipes exiting the rear muffler and extend the pipes by 2cm...
Thought I should share this with you all.