GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Intake CEL

Smed

I installed a injen intake Sunday. Drove all day, and drove Monday, Tuesday, weds, Thursday morning and then went to turn the car on in the afternoon and had a Check engine light! I swapped to the stock intake and it went away immediately after starting. Can a intake really throw a CEL? Super annoying if it can!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

veedubfreak

Go Kart Champion
If its within return range, return it. There is literally no reason to replace the intake on these cars. It's a waste of money. Save up for better tires or a downpipe.

greggles

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
GTI
Cel is almost always caused by the little vacuum hose not being installed properly (or pinched).

Smed

I was thinking maybe I did install it wrong. Guess I'll put it on again and see if everything's in place perfectly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gawernator

Go Kart Champion
Probably a vacuum leak from one of those hoses or at the coupler to the big pipe or the filter you didn't get a perfect seal. Try aligning everything and make sure the hose clamps are correct tightness. I have the INJEN intake with no issues. Sounds great. I paid $173 I think and it's worth it just for the nice turbo sounds