GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

DIY Interior Dome LED Swap for LED Equipped Cars

inc55

Go Kart Champion
**I am not responsible for any damages that may occur to you or your vehicle because of this instructional video. This video is for demonstrative purposes only.**

Here is the promised DIY for the interior dome lights for GTI's already equipped with LED's. I found a way to install much more powerful LED's into the interior dome lights and I wanted to share with your guys. Feedback is appreciated.

https://youtu.be/Q_Eq6fNU-Bg
https://youtu.be/ur96ZTfYsQw

Last edited:

deAutoLED.com

GolfMK6 Official Vendor
Done filming and editing the DIY. Waiting for the video to finish encoding then off to youtube.

Great job! That is slightly different than our setup, you are able to slide out the LED on the pcb board, we have that part with a new brighter LED diode.

Since you did this you should be able to do the rear, but you have to pry open the entire housing in the rear and dremel to even get to the LED pcb.

Here is video embed code:

inc55

Go Kart Champion
Thanks. The pictures don't really show how much light this mod gives off. I'm really happy with it. Going to be installing your trunk strip led today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

deAutoLED.com

GolfMK6 Official Vendor
Thanks. The pictures don't really show how much light this mod gives off. I'm really happy with it. Going to be installing your trunk strip led today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It looks brighter, it is a good mod for brightness, the COB is an array of many LEDs on a board so they will be bright as domes. The connector is similar to the BMW LEDs.

We look forward to the rear LEDs if you get to it.

veedubtuner

Car(s)
2016 2DR GTI S OEM+
This what I accomplished so far on the rear

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

lordnikon228

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Golf GTI Rabbit
I'm trying to swap my interior LED lights to red LEDs but it seems that the rear dome lights cannot be replaced unless you change the whole unit?? I watched
3:03 and I thought I could just take off the cover to get access to the bulbs. :(