GOLFMKV

+[snakcaz]+ VW MK7 2015 GTI - From Salvage to the Streets

Derushi

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Long

snakcaz

Ready to race!
Yeah i called my local volkswagen dealer to try and see if they can help me out with the issue under any warranty, since it only has ~12.7k miles. They told me to bring it in so we'll see what they say!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AtlantaDad

Drag Race Newbie
Yeah i called my local volkswagen dealer to try and see if they can help me out with the issue under any warranty, since it only has ~12.7k miles. They told me to bring it in so we'll see what they say!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Doubt it'll be covered, with a totaled/rebuilt brand attached to it, but good luck. If they can salvage (pun intended) your warranty, you might want to flash to stock, or at least let them know the ecu is tuned, before they hook it up to their computer.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

snakcaz

Ready to race!
8/10/17 HEADLIGHT OFFICIALLY FIXED! (but more issues arise; pictures to come)

So success! my local VW approved of the light fix, and they replaced the entire passenger side bi-xenon headlight assembly under warranty! They found corrosion in the light unit that was not due to outside influence.

So the Daytime U-Ring lights were fixed, however, shortly after driving off the lot, we then found that a turn signal error came up (man these lights just don' stop!)

Returned it back to service and found a lot of light coding that was done to the vehicle (previous owner most definitely used either VagCom or OBDEleven to mess with the lights, causing coding errors with the newly installed lights)

After those were then fixed, the vehicle was driven home!

Later that night after going for another drive to see the new lights in action, we then get ANOTHER error saying "Adaptive Front Lighting (AFS) system error. Please check lights." And this error only occurs when driven at nighttime, and when all the lights come on, and turning the wheel which then activates the AFS. So as of now, it's back for service yet again to get it checked out.

Check it out! Looks awesome

Last edited:

snakcaz

Ready to race!
8/12/17: Car officially passed Brake and Light inspection! Next step: REGISTRATION TOMORROW! Will bring back word tomorrow if we get it fully registered! Tomorrow is the day!!!

Here are some of those exhaust sounds videos! Sorry it took so long. While it sounds awesome, I unfortunately gotta take it off and return the exhaust to stock with muffler, as it is way too loud for my neighborhood and it really rattles the inside of the ears at times.

From the outside:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AIO1Ix2LwTY&feature=youtu.be

Through the tunnels:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79opw26hG94&feature=youtu.be

snakcaz

Ready to race!
8/14/17: WE. DID. IT! We got it registered

Rush of emotions and feelings came through and I honestly can't believe we have this car up and running. I can't thank the people who helped me on this forum from selling me the parts I needed, to the wonderful tips that I received to making this possible.

We ran into a lot of brick walls, but overcame them with the local community repair shops as well as you guys on GolfMK7!

This isn't the end of the journey. I will continue to provide updates to anything that changes!

Thanks for following! And continue to do so!

snakcaz

Ready to race!
8/16/17: After installing the stock GTI exhaust on, (which still sounds excellent with the catless turbo back on) there was some rattling and still some exhaust leak (causing that exhaust smell to leak out) right at the coupler. It seems the coupler was so tightened that it lost it's snug fit between the piping.

So! Took it to a local muffler shop and got it fixed! Good thing the piping was close enough to weld. So in the future when I'm putting it back to stock or selling (which would most likely not happen) then I can just have em cut it and get a new coupler to fix back with the OEM downpipe!

No more rattling for sure! And I think no more exhaust leak? I'll have to update in the future to make sure it isnt leaking anywhere past the cat-back connection.

njavier03

Ready to race!
Dude this is awesome! I can't wait to see/read more of your progress. Well done sir!

snakcaz

Ready to race!
8/21/17: did probably the most riskiest thing ever, and brought my unknown modded GTI to another VW service (my ACTUAL local one in the bay area) and had them check out some drive issues I had posted around the forum.

Long story short: found out today that the car does indeed have a tune: the question is: what tuned it? (VW service told me, as long as i bring it in, in stock tune, they'll be able to cover my warranty)

Also got the green light that they ran diagnostics, and the car should be good to drive safely!

The previous owner definitely did some coding, it's going to take time on what was changed.

Also got one of the seat warmer light switch's ordered, so it will be replaced in the near future, but it's small stuff.

Will be getting the stock springs back on via Werkshop* in South SF! Excited to check this legendary place out.