GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MIB3 Discover Pro retrofit

vrod

Ready to race!
Almost everything is finished.. i needed a new can gateway to solve an issue with the car because it thinks it's a hybrid. And the sign assist doesn't work yet, I have purchased one from a 2015/2016 golf. Mine is 2014 so different part.. Also I can't adjust subwoofer level anymore but not sure if it's supposed to be like that in MIB 2

Other than that, all works.

lchd2392

Almost everything is finished.. i needed a new can gateway to solve an issue with the car because it thinks it's a hybrid. And the sign assist doesn't work yet, I have purchased one from a 2015/2016 golf. Mine is 2014 so different part.. Also I can't adjust subwoofer level anymore but not sure if it's supposed to be like that in MIB 2

Other than that, all works.

Hi vrod, would you mind posting pictures of your setup please? I am getting a parts list from APG currently. I would love to see how the final product looks.

Thanks

Talbs

Vrod, keen to see a photo of the facia trim piece as I'm doing a similar install on a MY16. Have the screen but having issues with the part no for the trim piece.
Ok so most of the parts have come in the door. I'll be heading to belgium tomorrow for the installation of the DP Facelift device AND an Active Info Display as I managed to get hold of one cheap. Only really waiting for the MIB2 Dynaudio amplifier to be delivered. The installation company have confirmed they are able to retrofit both parts.

So far I have purchased these parts:

Navi:
- DP MIB2 Facelift Display (5G6 919 606)
- DP MIB2 Facelift Unit (5NA 035 042)
- MIB2 Dynaudio amplifier (5Q0 035 456)
- Piano-Black frame for Display (5G1 819 743 F)

Active Info Display
- AID Unit (5G1 920 791)
- Piano-Black frame for AID (5G0 857 189 B)
- Optical Y-splitter (need to split the fiber between the amplifier and DP unit to connect the AID Unit)

Excited for tomorrow, hopefully all will work out. I won't be getting any sound out of the speakers though until I get the new amplifier installed. Not a biggie as I will be travelling out of the country in our other car.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
So I'm bringing this old thread up. The previous discussion here seems to mostly be about MIB 2/2.5 but in light of @sloppyGTI posting a video of MIB 3 in a '21 Mk7.5 I figured we should get into it...

I asked for part numbers in that thread but don't want to derail it with MIB 3 discussion. Very short research for MIB 3 part numbers gave me 5H0035816. This is, allegedly a part number for MIB 3 with DAB and E-sim so not NAR spec but somewhat useful for research.

There's one listing on eBay with a couple of these units, less than $300. The pictures show the following connectors: quad lock, screen (pink, though I think this connector is sometimes gray), usb (yellow), AM/FM (white) and DAB (black). And for what's missing as compared to NAR MIB II and 2.5 units... GPS (blue), XM (brown), and MOST (fiber optic for Fender and/or AID). A SIM card enabled unit will also have another connector whose color I cannot remember.

I'm thinking @sloppyGTI must have a different part number because they have Nav, XM and internet radio so I assume an e-SIM (and required gsm antenna). I'm really curious to know if it also has MOST output. If @sloppyGTI's car has Fender that should mean it has MOST out but I suppose it doesn't guarantee it supports the AID.

IWMTom

Autocross Newbie
So I'm bringing this old thread up. The previous discussion here seems to mostly be about MIB 2/2.5 but in light of @sloppyGTI posting a video of MIB 3 in a '21 Mk7.5 I figured we should get into it...

I asked for part numbers in that thread but don't want to derail it with MIB 3 discussion. Very short research for MIB 3 part numbers gave me 5H0035816. This is, allegedly a part number for MIB 3 with DAB and E-sim so not NAR spec but somewhat useful for research.

There's one listing on eBay with a couple of these units, less than $300. The pictures show the following connectors: quad lock, screen (pink, though I think this connector is sometimes gray), usb (yellow), AM/FM (white) and DAB (black). And for what's missing as compared to NAR MIB II and 2.5 units... GPS (blue), XM (brown), and MOST (fiber optic for Fender and/or AID). A SIM card enabled unit will also have another connector whose color I cannot remember.

I'm thinking @sloppyGTI must have a different part number because they have Nav, XM and internet radio so I assume an e-SIM (and required gsm antenna). I'm really curious to know if it also has MOST output. If @sloppyGTI's car has Fender that should mean it has MOST out but I suppose it doesn't guarantee it supports the AID.

You may perhaps be more interested in 3G5035842.

1604693159106.png

1604693220347.png

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
You sir have made my day... I'm very interested in this part number, although less interested in the price, haha. Now, @doctor, @simaservis1108 and whoever else is in the know... can the functions on this unit be remotely activated yet? I read (in another thread here I believe) that MIB 3's from one manufacturer could be activated but not sure when that was or if things have changed yet. Also, would anybody happen to know if these will work with the AID? Might not be too long before my MIB 2.5 is up for sale, haha.

IWMTom

Autocross Newbie
You sir have made my day... I'm very interested in this part number, although less interested in the price, haha. Now, @doctor, @simaservis1108 and whoever else is in the know... can the functions on this unit be remotely activated yet? I read (in another thread here I believe) that MIB 3's from one manufacturer could be activated but not sure when that was or if things have changed yet. Also, would anybody happen to know if these will work with the AID? Might not be too long before my MIB 2.5 is up for sale, haha.

Unfortunately I cant see any obvious way to check whether it's got the MOST port or not within the parts catalogue, but I would assume it would be supported.

doctor

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
It can be, but why did you upgrade directly mib3? You have already mib2.5?

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
I'm not that likely to go MIB 3, unless BTC continues this run, haha. But yes, I have MIB 2.5 right now, with 9.2" screen. I wasn't really keeping up with the progress of the infotainment changes and thought MIB 3 was only going to be in the Mk8's. I'm pretty pleased with 2.5 overall but wireless App-connect sounds really nice... plus why not?

doctor

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
I'm not that likely to go MIB 3, unless BTC continues this run, haha. But yes, I have MIB 2.5 right now, with 9.2" screen. I wasn't really keeping up with the progress of the infotainment changes and thought MIB 3 was only going to be in the Mk8's. I'm pretty pleased with 2.5 overall but wireless App-connect sounds really nice... plus why not?
Instead of all this, I just buy an iPhone 8 and jail break it, and it stays connected in the car. This is nicer and cheaper

IWMTom

Autocross Newbie
Alternatively pick up a Carlinkit dongle and you've got wireless CarPlay on your MIB2.5

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
No iphones for me folks. I know there are solutions to get wireless CarPlay And I also backed the kickstarter for the wireless Android auto dongle as well. Now, will you guys just indulge in the prospect of an MIB 3 retrofit already, lol.