GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

US spec running lights - Golf R mk7

Shane7R

Hi folks,

I've googled and googled and can't find a how to guide in enabling the indicators as running lights as well as the standard DRL's. I've spoke to coders and they want £30+ just to enable this?! I've already got VCDS but the coding seems a lot more in depth than my Leon I got rid of. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Cheers

flipflp

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'16 Golf R DSG
Hi folks,

I've googled and googled and can't find a how to guide in enabling the indicators as running lights as well as the standard DRL's. I've spoke to coders and they want £30+ just to enable this?! I've already got VCDS but the coding seems a lot more in depth than my Leon I got rid of. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Cheers

I don't think my signals are on with the DRLS so it's not a US spec per say. You can set your headlight switch to parking lights only, is that when you want the DRLs on? You might also post this in the electronics subforum with VCDS in the thread title so that all Golf owners see it.

https://sites.google.com/a/naturalnetworks.ca/vw-golf-mk7-vcds-how-to/

This site has instructions on programming the DRLs to stay on with the indicator, but I didn't see what you were asking for specifically.

Shane7R

I don't think my signals are on with the DRLS so it's not a US spec per say. You can set your headlight switch to parking lights only, is that when you want the DRLs on? You might also post this in the electronics subforum with VCDS in the thread title so that all Golf owners see it.

https://sites.google.com/a/naturalnetworks.ca/vw-golf-mk7-vcds-how-to/

This site has instructions on programming the DRLs to stay on with the indicator, but I didn't see what you were asking for specifically.

Should of said I'm in the UK, it may not be US spec but I think it was always reffered to as that on Mk5 Golfs.

Basically want the indicators to be slightly on all the time like this - https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=g...AUIESgB&biw=360&bih=560#imgrc=XqRsZ-fcCW_dcM:

I'll take a look in there and also post if I can't find anything!

Thanks

Derushi

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Long
https://www.stemei.de/pages/coding/vw-golf-7/blinker-gedimmt-aktivieren.php

"Here is another tweak for running your blinkers as parking lights. It's different from the other 2 here. I did this today and it worked but I'm not sure about the melting bulb thing. I work from home and usually don't drive long distances."
9- Central Electronics
16- Security code 31347
10- Adaptations
(9) Leuchte 0 BLK B36 VL-light function D 0 Select (indicator Front Left) > Standlicht allgemein (Schlusslicht, Positionslicht, Begrenzungslicht)
(10) Leuchte 0 BLK B36 VL-dimming select CD 0 > Adjust value (30% recommended)
(9) -Leuchte1BLK VRB20-light function D 1 Select (indicator Front Right) > Standlicht allgemein (Schlusslicht, Positionslicht, Begrenzungslicht)
(10) -Leuchte1BLK VRB20-dimming CD 1 > Adjust value accordingly (30%)
Thus, the turn signals cancel on that side also the flashing process in accordance with the following additional dimming is required
(12) -Leuchte0BLK VL-B36 Lichfunktion E 0 > Blinken links Dunklephase
(15) -Leuchte0BLK VL B36-Dimming Direction EF 0 > minimize
(12) -Leuchte1BLK VRB20-light function E 1 > Blinken rechts Dunklephase
(15) -Leuchte1BLK VRB20 dimming Direction EF 1 > minimize

Not sure of the risks, there was another coding set that had a "warning: will probably melt your bulbs". Also not sure if it's legal in the UK :)

Shane7R

https://www.stemei.de/pages/coding/vw-golf-7/blinker-gedimmt-aktivieren.php

"Here is another tweak for running your blinkers as parking lights. It's different from the other 2 here. I did this today and it worked but I'm not sure about the melting bulb thing. I work from home and usually don't drive long distances."
9- Central Electronics
16- Security code 31347
10- Adaptations
(9) Leuchte 0 BLK B36 VL-light function D 0 Select (indicator Front Left) > Standlicht allgemein (Schlusslicht, Positionslicht, Begrenzungslicht)
(10) Leuchte 0 BLK B36 VL-dimming select CD 0 > Adjust value (30% recommended)
(9) -Leuchte1BLK VRB20-light function D 1 Select (indicator Front Right) > Standlicht allgemein (Schlusslicht, Positionslicht, Begrenzungslicht)
(10) -Leuchte1BLK VRB20-dimming CD 1 > Adjust value accordingly (30%)
Thus, the turn signals cancel on that side also the flashing process in accordance with the following additional dimming is required
(12) -Leuchte0BLK VL-B36 Lichfunktion E 0 > Blinken links Dunklephase
(15) -Leuchte0BLK VL B36-Dimming Direction EF 0 > minimize
(12) -Leuchte1BLK VRB20-light function E 1 > Blinken rechts Dunklephase
(15) -Leuchte1BLK VRB20 dimming Direction EF 1 > minimize

Not sure of the risks, there was another coding set that had a "warning: will probably melt your bulbs". Also not sure if it's legal in the UK :)

Tried that and it didn't seem to work, I think it's for the halogen headlights rather than the xenon ones on the R.

Cheers

Derushi

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Long
Tried that and it didn't seem to work, I think it's for the halogen headlights rather than the xenon ones on the R.

Cheers

Hmm.. try this one maybe.

"Front blinkers as parking lights. Do at your own risk as of right now. Will melt your bulbs!!"
9 Central Convenience
Security code 31347
10 Adaptations
(1)-Leuchte3SL VRB21-Lasttyp 3 >4 - LED Tagfahrlichtmodul Signal
(2)-Leuchte3SL VRB21-Lampendefektbitposition 3 > 4C
(3)-Leuchte3SL VRB21-Fehlerort mittleres Byte DTC-DFCC3 > 4C
(4)-Leuchte3SL VRB21-Lichtfunktion A 3 > Daytime Running light
(5)-Leuchte3SL VRB21-Lichtfunktion B 3 > not active
(6)-Leuchte3SL VRB21-Dimmwert AB 3 > 100
(7)-Leuchte3SL VRB21-Lichtansteuerung HD AB 3 > Always
(8)-Leuchte3SL VRB21-Lichtfunktion C 3 > Blinken rechts aktiv (beide Phasen)
(9)-Leuchte3SL VRB21-Lichtfunktion D 3 > not active
(10)-Leuchte3SL VRB21-Dimmwert CD 3 > 0
(11)-Leuchte3SL VRB21-Dimming Direction CD 3 > minimize
(12)-Leuchte3SL VRB21-Lichtfunktion E 3 > Standlicht allgemein (Schlusslicht; Positionslicht; Begrenzungslicht)
(13)-Leuchte3SL VRB21-Lichtfunktion F 3 > Parking Light Right
(14)-Leuchte3SL VRB21-Dimmwert EF 3 > 28 (Changing to 0 results in a bulb out error) My original was 26.
(15)-Leuchte3SL VRB21-Dimming Direction EF 3 > maximize
(16)-Leuchte3SL VRB21-Lichtfunktion G 3 > not active
(17)-Leuchte3SL VRB21-Lichtfunktion H 3 > not active
(18)-Leuchte3SL VRB21-Dimmwert GH 3 > 0
(19)-Leuchte3SL VRB21-Dimming Direction GH 3 > maximize

flipflp

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'16 Golf R DSG
Should of said I'm in the UK, it may not be US spec but I think it was always reffered to as that on Mk5 Golfs.

Basically want the indicators to be slightly on all the time like this - https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=g...AUIESgB&biw=360&bih=560#imgrc=XqRsZ-fcCW_dcM:

I'll take a look in there and also post if I can't find anything!

Thanks

Gotcha, I think that might have been on older Halogen setups but on the LED DRL headlights now the normal function is to actually have the DRLs turn off when the indicator is turned on for better viability of the signal, since they share the same space. Maybe DOT headlight regulations have changed or are different with LED DRLs.

Looks like you might have some direction now, there are so many ways to adjust light functions now it's insane.

Derushi

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Long
Gotcha, I think that might have been on older Halogen setups but on the LED DRL headlights now the normal function is to actually have the DRLs turn off when the indicator is turned on for better viability of the signal, since they share the same space. Maybe DOT headlight regulations have changed or are different with LED DRLs.

Looks like you might have some direction now, there are so many ways to adjust light functions now it's insane.

It's just a neat VCDS trick to have the turn signals permanently on, with or without the actual headlight DRLs.

They still blink when using the turn signal, they just don't turn off afterwards.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sOULQjD_o9k

Shane7R

Hmm.. try this one maybe.

"Front blinkers as parking lights. Do at your own risk as of right now. Will melt your bulbs!!"
9 Central Convenience
Security code 31347
10 Adaptations
(1)-Leuchte3SL VRB21-Lasttyp 3 >4 - LED Tagfahrlichtmodul Signal
(2)-Leuchte3SL VRB21-Lampendefektbitposition 3 > 4C
(3)-Leuchte3SL VRB21-Fehlerort mittleres Byte DTC-DFCC3 > 4C
(4)-Leuchte3SL VRB21-Lichtfunktion A 3 > Daytime Running light
(5)-Leuchte3SL VRB21-Lichtfunktion B 3 > not active
(6)-Leuchte3SL VRB21-Dimmwert AB 3 > 100
(7)-Leuchte3SL VRB21-Lichtansteuerung HD AB 3 > Always
(8)-Leuchte3SL VRB21-Lichtfunktion C 3 > Blinken rechts aktiv (beide Phasen)
(9)-Leuchte3SL VRB21-Lichtfunktion D 3 > not active
(10)-Leuchte3SL VRB21-Dimmwert CD 3 > 0
(11)-Leuchte3SL VRB21-Dimming Direction CD 3 > minimize
(12)-Leuchte3SL VRB21-Lichtfunktion E 3 > Standlicht allgemein (Schlusslicht; Positionslicht; Begrenzungslicht)
(13)-Leuchte3SL VRB21-Lichtfunktion F 3 > Parking Light Right
(14)-Leuchte3SL VRB21-Dimmwert EF 3 > 28 (Changing to 0 results in a bulb out error) My original was 26.
(15)-Leuchte3SL VRB21-Dimming Direction EF 3 > maximize
(16)-Leuchte3SL VRB21-Lichtfunktion G 3 > not active
(17)-Leuchte3SL VRB21-Lichtfunktion H 3 > not active
(18)-Leuchte3SL VRB21-Dimmwert GH 3 > 0
(19)-Leuchte3SL VRB21-Dimming Direction GH 3 > maximize

It's just a neat VCDS trick to have the turn signals permanently on, with or without the actual headlight DRLs.

They still blink when using the turn signal, they just don't turn off afterwards.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sOULQjD_o9k

Yeah that video is what I'm after! I've tried all the ones for halogen lights and didn't seem to work! I'm determined not to give in and pay £30 to have some tiny lights turned on!

Derushi

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Long
Yeah that video is what I'm after! I've tried all the ones for halogen lights and didn't seem to work! I'm determined not to give in and pay £30 to have some tiny lights turned on!

Try this one now.. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLBzp4WNCmE

I'm all out of ideas after this one. Sorry LOL. If you have instagram maybe you can ask tidy7r.