GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Meet Heidi: My new GTI!

rjtrout

Go Kart Newbie
Nice! Now straighten your license plate, it's killing me...lol.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
I know what you mean! No matter how many times I try to straighten it out, it continues to sag a bit inwards. Definitely not ideal in the looks department

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

rjtrout

Go Kart Newbie
So excited to say that the mounts officially go in today! Also, getting the Tyrolsport Deadset kit installed. Apex handling=achieved

rjtrout

Go Kart Newbie
So, the Deadset Kit and 034 Motorsport Density Motor/trans Mounts make a HUGE difference in the car's handling and power delivery. Everything feels tight, smooth, and on point. Seriously, this car is set up for war now!

rjtrout

Go Kart Newbie
Latest piece installed is the 034 Motorsport Shifter Bracket Bushings. These things made a notic able difference in shifter feel, which is great for the next stage in modding.

Now....which clutch to pick up??

rjtrout

Go Kart Newbie
So........

Got new APR goodies today! The following are being installed (at some point) today:

APR Turbo Inlet

APR Boost Hose Kit

APR Turbo Muffler Delete

Excited to see the difference that these make in the day to day driving experience of the car!

Last edited:

rjtrout

Go Kart Newbie
To go along with the tune, I decided to add some RS7 plugs and a boost gauge. The plugs smooth out power delivery nicely, which is great! And I love the boost gauge. I went with APR because of the overall fit and finish (plus will be getting rarer as the gauge is discontinued). Photo attached!

rjtrout

Go Kart Newbie
Just a quick update on where Heidi is right now:

The final stage for my car (aside from the several trips and drives that I will chronicle here in this thread) is adding the following to the build:

APR Downpipe
APR Secondary Muffler
Integrated Engineering FDS Intercooler

I will post some shots of the install and some more impressions and thoughts on how everything is working!

rjtrout

Go Kart Newbie
Just a photo from Hoosier Pass in Central CO. This car in OEM trim was a blast to drive. with the newfound power and suspension modifications, this car is just too much fun :)