GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

SD Card Issue - My Car Loves 50 Cent

-Dutch-

Drag Race Newbie
Right.

I have an SD card loaded up with 100+ albums sorted and loaded using Media Monkey. Usually it works great, but every once in a while when I start the car, it will start playing one particular song, regardless of where it was when I last stopped.

Unfortunately the one song is by 50-Cent who I cannot stand. My fiance likes Gansta rap and country almost exclusively so there's a bit of both on there to appease her. The button on-screen that allows you to view the contents of the current source will be unavailable when this happens for 15 seconds or so and I can't swipe the albums either. Anyone else run into a possessed infotainment center?

yakboyslim

Go Kart Champion
Mine would occasionally do that, but with a much more pleasant recording actually of my wife playing "Valse Brilliant" on xylophone. I still skipped to the next song, but it was better than 50 cent.

I use Android Auto almost exclusively now so I never dug into it, but it did happen to me too.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

KevinC

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'19 Golf R, '21 M2c
The reason it's going to 50-cent is it's alphabetically going back to the first artist in your library. I'd delete that sh*t immediately and at least solve that part of the problem. It's easier (and probably more desirable) than finding new fiancee. :D

For some reason, your indexing is apparently disappearing and when the car restarts, it's having to re-index again when this occurs. It's probably something in the MIB unit itself, but maybe could be an SD card issue? Maybe a faster card would resolve? I dunno, spitballing here.

Hotfart

Ready to race!
Yup, unfortunately it happens to many of us from time to time. Nobody seems to have figured out a solution. I know this probably doesn't help, but I'd say make sure you stay on top of software updates, and double check to make sure you don't have any invalid artwork. I've pretty much just learned to live with it. You might need to find another song you like that would come before 50 alphabetically!

Here are a couple threads:

http://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32753

http://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31657

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Gansta rap and country