GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ZacR's Build Thread

Zacr811

Ready to race!
I got on the podium!!!!

After a long week prepping it all paid off. Heading back to Toronto motorsports park with a completely different layout that no one has ever ran before I managed to pull of a second place finish!! I was first overall in qualifying all day and even got protested by a competitor that though I was cheating. They creeped my Instagram and saw I used to have meth installed. I removed it from the car Becuase it's simply not allowed in my class. Anyways. Went into the finals feeling good. First overall....put down three solid lap times and got beat on the very last lap. Cant complain though it was a great weekend and I learned so much.

https://youtu.be/7dI2MX9MemA

Onboard footage.

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

cbaumy34

Go Kart Champion
Dude well done!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Zacr811

Ready to race!
Thanks guys. One more pic I just found.

Zacr811

Ready to race!
Another late night....more work to be done.

Vorshlag camber plates are in. I cut the strut towers to make room to run maximum camber. Worked out perfect. Headed to get Na alignment tomorrow evening after work.

These camber plates are a true piece of art. Very high quality with tight tolerances. They make no noise and really are a step above everyone else. Install was easy.

I'm hoping to run more than - 3 degrees... It also tucked the front wheels in nicely. I could easily lose rny from end more and throw a bigger tire on.

Zacr811

Ready to race!
When you push it so hard into a corner you roll the tire off the rim.

Tire is fine and so is the rim. It's was a little scary when it happened. Lol

Zacr811

Ready to race!
Ok so it turns out the 225 Trofeo R runs so wide and like to be stretched that the Enkei 8 inch wide wheels I just bought are not going to work...so they are already sold. New wheels are on order and will be here by the end of next week. More info then.

In the mean time. I got the new DBV2 charge pipe and turbo muffler delete. What a difference....throttle response vastly improved and the car holds boost between gears just so much better. It's spooling up much nicer. Crazy how restrictive the oem charge pipes are.

Zacr811

Ready to race!
Time for another update.

Next race is on the 20th. Car prep is already underway and ofcourse its never a dull moment.

Whiteline front sway bar links showed up and I threw them on instantly. Easy install but take some adjusting to get right. These should have been done when I installed the new coils. With all these aggressive ride heights and camber settings the stock links just can hold up.

Next up is tires. Seems like I'm constantly messing with tires to get it right. This time it's different thiugh. I'm working with one of the best time attack racers in Canada now and he is helping me car set up. So we're going to try and stuff this 255/40/17 Trofeo R up front on the 17x9 wheel and keep the 225 on a 17x8 in the rear to not only get me more traction up front and reduce under steer but this should make the car rotate alot better than it already does. With the added camber and everything it should fit. Fingers crossed. Once the wheels show up I'll know..

I also bit the bullet and ordered a wavetrac Lsd.... My God my car needs this but it's gonna come at a pretty penny. This won't be installed until the fall or winter due to the amount of time my car will be out of commission. So excited for this.

Headed to the track in a few hours to have some fun.

Zacr811

Ready to race!
Time for another update...

I was going into this race not expecting much as I have never set foot on this track before. Seeing as it is a VERY popular track in my area and the home track to a lot of competitors I was just going to try and learn as much as possible and have fun. I was sitting in 4th all day during qaulifying but it was hard to get a clean lap in due to traffic. I went into the finals with a 2:07.8 in 4th place. 1st Place qaulifier was at a 2:05.6 so my goal was to break into the 2:06xx which could net me a podium finish. During the finals I honestly drove at my limit, everything clicked and I ended it feeling like I honestly won the race. Looked at my best lap while cooling down and saw a 2:05.8!! I was so excited........but got into the pits a relaized I finished 5th...everyone got faster. Top 5 cars were super super close and it could have gone either way.

Keep in mind. I'm still using an open diff and 225s. My wheels never showed up on time so I was at a huge disadvantage and only losing by so little. Once I get my LSD in (which by the way showed up today) and the 255s on with the new wheels( which also showed up the day after the race) I honestly feel like I will be the car to beat. I have the final coming up at my home track and I know it's my race to win.

Let's get to some mods and changes...

Zacr811

Ready to race!
The new Advanti Storm s1 finally showed up. Nice a light with great looks. 18x9 et45 front and 17x8 et35 rear. Both wrapped in trofeo R tires. 255/40/17 and 225/45/17. Can't wait to get these on the track with some heat into them.

I also jumped in on a local group buy for the unibrace XBQ rear brace. This really increased turn in feel and reduced understeer. It almost acts like a rear sway bar. A nice addition to the ST RSB I'm currently running.

I have a few more things on order and a few parts I'm selling to pay for them. The current brembos are being sold and a new BBK is on the way..

Zacr811

Ready to race!
The parts are gonna start to pile up....i have a bunch of things on order. First to show up is the new super pro poly lower control arm bushings.

Zacr811

Ready to race!
Back at Noble Performance to adjust some alignment settings. Zero toe in the rear to help with straight line speed and to induce more rotation in the corners. I had to work my way up to this...its a very aggressive alignment that will make the car "violent" according to my mechanic...exactly what I need. Haha.

Upon further inspection it looks like I bent the front sway bar link brace on my KW coil...I contacted KW already and I'm in the midst of getting a new strut sent over. No idea how this happens.

AR11

Ready to race!
Fun build - thanks for sharing. Did you consider bumping up to 18 inch wheels to expand your BBK options?

Zacr811

Ready to race!
Fun build - thanks for sharing. Did you consider bumping up to 18 inch wheels to expand your BBK options?
No I like the 17s. I have plenty of braking power with my current set up and will have even more with the new 6 piston kit going in soon.