GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Not exactly a mod: EZpass/I-PASS mount

chiefhiawatha

Ready to race!
Testors matte black paint, stick the I-PASS onto the back of the rear view mirror, and the eyesore is gone. Essentially invisible unless you crank levels in Photoshop.

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.jpg-1.jpeg
    FullSizeRender.jpg-1.jpeg
    208.3 KB · Views: 1,460
  • FullSizeRender.jpg-2.jpeg
    FullSizeRender.jpg-2.jpeg
    210.8 KB · Views: 1,282
  • 2017-08-01 08-49-34 -0500.jpg.jpeg
    2017-08-01 08-49-34 -0500.jpg.jpeg
    201.9 KB · Views: 1,614
  • IMG_4765.JPG.jpeg
    IMG_4765.JPG.jpeg
    157.2 KB · Views: 1,290

eurospek

Just finished watching Fast&Fu
Looks good.

hulksu

Car(s)
(sold) '17 GTI SE
I want this! How long have you had it, and have you used it enough to feel confident it doesn't impact the function? That is the only thing that makes me nervous.

chiefhiawatha

Ready to race!
I want this! How long have you had it, and have you used it enough to feel confident it doesn't impact the function? That is the only thing that makes me nervous.

I spent a few days going through the booths that show a green or red light as you buzz past. Always green. It's 1mm of paint, and only a few inches at most from recommended location.

I've since had it for over a month here, tolls almost every workday, and not one notice in the mail.

I've sprayed a few couple for friends locally as well, they report no problems.

First time I could countenance a mounted IPASS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hulksu

Car(s)
(sold) '17 GTI SE
I spent a few days going through the booths that show a green or red light as you buzz past. Always green. It's 1mm of paint, and only a few inches at most from recommended location.

I've since had it for over a month here, tolls almost every workday, and not one notice in the mail.

I've sprayed a few couple for friends locally as well, they report no problems.

First time I could countenance a mounted IPASS

Thanks for the response. You have given me the confidence do to this as well. I was as concerned about the paint. More the location, but it sounds like that is not an issue.

Blaylock1988

Ready to race!
I ran mine butted all the way at the top next to the headliner under the dot matrix area where the instructions tell you not to put it. It's always worked fine. I'm sure its no difference on the mirror. Although I will be getting an autodimming mirror so not sure if I'll this will work on that.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

SuperDuper

Go Kart Newbie
FWIW, I just keep my IPASS in the driver side small glove box, and it registers just fine.

SuperDuper

Go Kart Newbie
What?! Well that's even cooler

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep! Been using it strongly that way for over a year now, works in both Open-Lane Tolling and the 15mph ones.

hulksu

Car(s)
(sold) '17 GTI SE
FWIW, I just keep my IPASS in the driver side small glove box, and it registers just fine.

Just a heads up to anyone that was watching this thread. I just took GTI across IL on I-88 and back home over the weekend with my IPass in the driver's side glovebox. Not a signal one of the tolls registered to my account. I ended up paying online.

Not sure if they would have ultimately billed me without my intervention, but that isn't the point. Point is, it didn't seem to register from the driver side glove box. I think I will consider OP's option again.

SuperDuper

Go Kart Newbie
Just a heads up to anyone that was watching this thread. I just took GTI across IL on I-88 and back home over the weekend with my IPass in the driver's side glovebox. Not a signal one of the tolls registered to my account. I ended up paying online.

Not sure if they would have ultimately billed me without my intervention, but that isn't the point. Point is, it didn't seem to register from the driver side glove box. I think I will consider OP's option again.

Interesting. I've been using mine in the driver side glove box for about 14 months now, with no issue. I see 2 tolls a day.