GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Auto Dimming Mirrors - Parts & Easy Installation tutorial by ShopDAP.com

Navi

Autocross Champion
does anyone know if the trim pieces for the F mirror can be purchased separately? I've had the C mirror for awhile but the trim pieces had to be cut to fit since I have a 2017, and I'd like to swap the trim (not the whole mirror) for the correct ones. I did a quick search but didn't find anything.

cruzmisl

Ready to race!
I think you need to buy the trim pieces for the C mirror, not the F.

The trim pieces that work with the F are the ones you already had to cut on your 2017 to work with the C mirror. The main (long) piece is 5G0-857-593-B. I forgot what the end piece # is. I don't know what the pieces are for the C (2015-16), but I tried ordering one of them for the 2016 which was 5G0-857-593-A and that one didn't work with the existing cap piece. So 20 bucks down the drain for that. I might try to buy the other cap piece though: 5G0-858-548-B-9B9

I think there are some differences with the position of the rain sensor that require you to buy the C and cut existing trim, or buy the F and use the right trim pieces.

Last edited:

king12sky

Ready to race!
So there are two packages of DAP, with one having more features. One has the adaptive cruise control, blind spot warning and the rear alert. The other has these features, plus parking sensors, lane assist, auto high beam head light switching and park pilot. If you have DAP with EVERYTHING, you can't put this on without losing the auto headlights. It will show an error in the gauge cluster when you start the car. If you just have the acc/blindspot, you can get this no problem, but if it's a 2017 get the "F" version. If it's a 2015-16, get the C.

Shopdap does not have the F, so if you get the C, you will have to dremel the wire covers. This is what I had trouble with and I'm contemplating getting the F and selling my C.

Disappointingly, I tried contacting shopdap about this after I first tried to shove the trim pieces together and it wouldn't fit, and they said they never heard of any issues, but to send them a picture of the part I had to dremel so they could look into it. After more research I finally figured out the difference and both contacted them and left a review on their site, but I've had no response from them. I was trying to get them to at least change 2015-present on the "C" model because it obviously doesn't work on 2017s with the rain sensor without modification.

Yup i have the ACC/BSM. I believe the full DAP is for order vehicles only. On the lot vehicles wont have that even if its an autobahn.

So for my case i will just have to get the F right? I called shopdap and talked to paul he said he will get me the correct parts number and email me right away. Its been 2 days and still no reply so tomorrow im going to cancel the order sadly.

cruzmisl

Ready to race!
Shopdap has the F now apparently.

I called and e-mailed them weeks ago that the C didn't fit the 2017s right and they haven't responded to me about it. I guess I was hoping they'd offer a swap.

king12sky

Ready to race!
Shopdap has the F now apparently.

I called and e-mailed them weeks ago that the C didn't fit the 2017s right and they haven't responded to me about it. I guess I was hoping they'd offer a swap.

I'm guessing a swap is not about to happen for you. Luckily I called them up and told them about it and Paul was going to "get back" at me about it. Lol. I think calling might be a better way to get to them.

cruzmisl

Ready to race!
Meh, I ordered an F and will try to sell the C on classifieds. Someone will be getting a good deal at my expense.

Point

Forgive my ignorance,

Are these compatible with a base line BCM/CECM? I have a ROW spec Golf with only Composition Media, MFSW and RVC - everything else totally base spec - I'll be able to do any coding if necessary but I'm unsure about the BCM.

If it's any help I'm fairly certain the base model NAR spec cars have the same BCM as mine,

Cheers

cruzmisl

Ready to race!
The only thing you need to be concerned about is the mounting point on the windshield and getting the right model. All the mirror does is take power from the harness that gets tapped from the headlight switch. No coding necessary; the car doesn't even know it's there.

cruzmisl

Ready to race!
My F arrived today, and it fits perfectly with the 2017 trim pieces. The wiring harness kit is exactly the same, FWIW. So no need to trade the wires or anything silly like that.

I put my C up for sale on the classifieds.