GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Do you let your wife drive your VW\Audi?

vj123

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
19 & 16 GTI - sold
Only person whom i would allow is my wife and she has driven our cars a couple of times but she aware that i take utmost care of it. If anything, she will be extra careful.

But at the end of the day, cars can be fixed but not human relations.

ashchuckton

Ready to race!
I've always let my wife drive my cars. Even the race car I once had. She got her SCCA competition license & raced it along with me. We'd do double regional races, I'd race Saturday & she'd race Sunday. Love my cars, but I love my wife much more.

Renck

Ready to race!
I've always let my wife drive my cars. Even the race car I once had. She got her SCCA competition license & raced it along with me. We'd do double regional races, I'd race Saturday & she'd race Sunday. Love my cars, but I love my wife much more.

She must be watching what you are typing here. :p

KlipZ

Ready to race!
Guess im the minority here. I don't race or auto x or do anything. My car is simply what i saw as a "nice" and "sporty" car to get me around from point A to B. I typically drive everywhere, just because i like to drive, but i let my GF drive every now and again if i don't feel like it or i've had a few to drink. Its DSG so not a problem.

IDK. I feel like some people treat these cars like they're a lot more than the are. Great cars without a doubt, but they're not $100K+ sports cars.

We're thinking long term and she's going to need a new car in a couple years. I'm pushing her to get a RAV4 or 4runner so i can use it to go MTB and then she'd have the GTI to put around town when im gone. No biggie to me.

Mike-E

Go Kart Newbie
I "let" my wife drive my car (2015 R with 6MT). I even "let" her leave he house by herself. Of course, I married class (as in, she won the STL SCCA, A Stock Ladies class for 1998 (her BMW M3)). But, even so, it's only a tarted up econo car. If it gets dirty, I clean it. If it gets wrecked, I'll buy a new one.

ETA: Wife's DD varies between a modded 2011 Veloster and a 2016 Chevy 2500HD.

Last edited:

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
I let my girlfriend drive my car once: To pick me up at the dumpster when I walked the trash out as we were leaving to go to dinner one night. It's about a hundred yards away from my building. By the time I walked to the dumpster and back to my car, she hadn't even figured out how to move the seat forward so she could reach the pedals.

After that I let her drive it around the complex driveways. nice smooth roads, no traffic, slow speed limit. But she is a terrible driver (24 years old and 6 accidents on record) so I won't let her take it onto the main roads.

russiankid

Drag Race Newbie
Even though my fiancee does not race, I have prior autox experience and tend to show it on back roads. It is quite entertaining when someone tries to get me to race on the street and she makes a joke saying "does he really think he can beat this, do you even need to downshift?".

lokerola

Ready to race!
I don't like my wife to drive my car; not because she's a bad driver (she's a good driver and the manual is no problem for her,) it's the fact she's messy in cars. It's like some sort of weird thing where she's neat and tidy in the house, but her car is full of all sorts of crap, and is always dirty. It drives me insane...

I hate to get in my car after she's driven it. There's always some left over straw wrapper, a hair band, a random pen (who writes while they're driving??) etc.

Pingers

Ready to race!
HAHA! I absolutely love the responses. So since posting, I've still NOT let my wife drive my car, but did wash HER car on the weekend inside and out. She's "trying" to keep it cleaner, minus the chocolate milkshake that ended up on the backseat and the constant food wrappers in doors. :D

I've always been this way, even since we were dating so it isn't new. My wife is just simply hoping I change in the same way I've asked her to start putting a new roll of toilet paper on the empty spindle. :p

I've now been debating trading in her car and giving her my Audi. She wants the Audi from "50 Shades blah blah" and that girl drives an A3 S-line. So now my gears are turning. Do I give her my car, watch it turn into carnage and get myself an R\S3\M2\Cayman or trade in her car for something far more realistic. :confused:

E-rok

Passed Driver's Ed
I usually dont care but she managed to curb one of my Austins so im reaaaaal leary of letting her drive it with coilovers and ET35 wheels.

Solution: bought her a 2014 Touareg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Hoon

Autocross Champion
Absolutely, although my GF (of nearly 8 years now) hates automatics and my car is DSG.

Her car is an ILX with the K24, 6 speed and all options. She drives the wheels off of it lol.

The first time she drove my car it was lowered and stage 2, she got out with a big smile on her face and said it was really fun. Then she told me she raced someone.

I said "Cool, did you win?", And she said she was kidding but wanted to see how I'd respond.

I'm sure she had a little fun putting her foot down...at least I hope so. Even with the stock turbo it was MUCH faster than her ILX.