GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Going on a trip

-Dutch-

Drag Race Newbie
Work is taking me to Philly for a few day this week and I'm taking the car. Anything I should check out while I'm there?

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Work is taking me to Philly for a few day this week and I'm taking the car. Anything I should check out while I'm there?

Atco if they have test n tune.

PCM if you’re into checking out a 500 plus car meet and some 9 second street cars

Tons of good food, but also a pretty sketchy place to visit so be aware of your surroundings. Don’t go at an ATM, especially if it’s outside

Wetelvis

Ready to race!
Atco if they have test n tune.

PCM if you’re into checking out a 500 plus car meet and some 9 second street cars

Tons of good food, but also a pretty sketchy place to visit so be aware of your surroundings. Don’t go at an ATM, especially if it’s outside

I spent 3 nights there last summer and didn’t feel at anyway in danger!
I was actually surprised how much I liked it, beautiful place with interesting architecture and people!
Downtown row houses are incredible!
Check out the Rocky Statue and the surrounding park.

russiankid

Drag Race Newbie
There are neighborhoods to stay out of just like any major city, but overall its not a dangerous place to be. Definitely go get a real cheese steak and climb up the art museum steps.

Wetelvis

Ready to race!
There are neighborhoods to stay out of just like any major city, but overall its not a dangerous place to be. Definitely go get a real cheese steak and climb up the art museum steps.

True dat ?
It’s kind of my super power to find the worst in anywhere I go but I walked and rode all over the city and felt pretty safe, could be stupidity too though ?

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
I brought up safety because I lived there for work for five years, it’s a genuine concern.

Also, about a year ago a coworker of mine was shot and killed there. Being that he was also in aviation, he had no criminal record or reason he should’ve been targeted. Just a senseless murder that’s gone unsolved

The front door of our crash pad was also kicked in...

If I think about philly the list just grows. It’s a cool place to visit no doubt, just be aware of your surroundings is all I’m saying.

Last edited:

Wetelvis

Ready to race!
I brought up safety because I lived there for work for five years, it’s a genuine concern.

Also, about a year ago a coworker of mine was shot and killed there. Being that he was also in aviation, he had no criminal record or reason he should’ve been targeted. Just a senseless murder that’s gone unsolved

If I think about philly the list just grows. It’s a cool place to visit no doubt, just be aware of your surroundings is all I’m saying.

Sorry to here of your friend!!
I’m not saying it can’t be dangerous, just I’ve felt more uncomfortable in other cities, but again that’s most likely my stupidity and oblivious nature ?

racerxxx

Ready to race!
I live an hour outside Philly, born and raised. Great place to visit and eat. Liberty Bell is free to see, constitution center is right across the street, south street, plenty of museums, Reading terminal market---plenty of good food in there. Tons of awesome bars all over. Atco has T n' T on Tuesdays and Fridays. It's probably 45 minutes from Philly, unless you're ahead of the traffic. Starts at 4:30.

Just at the Liberty Bell and the Academy of Natural Sciences on Drexel and then South Street for food on Good Friday. Took the kids and had a great time. Enjoy the time if you get to see the sights.

Really, watch the ATM's? Who uses those anymore? I haven't had an ATM card in probably 15 years.

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk

russiankid

Drag Race Newbie
True dat ?
It’s kind of my super power to find the worst in anywhere I go but I walked and rode all over the city and felt pretty safe, could be stupidity too though ?

I live outside of Philly, but anytime I go to Philly, I typically stick to areas that are more touristy rather. I will say stay away from the zoo area, haha.

-Dutch-

Drag Race Newbie
Well, I didn't do much but work, but Mrs Dutch was able to get out and see some sights.

I did learn that my shoes and/or seating position are not ideal for long stints behind the wheel. Traffic was generally moving well on the way down and back but did not allow for extended use of cruise control. Constant throttle modulation for 5 hours with occasional breaks left my right ankle sore and hot spots on my heel. Clutch leg was fine.

For those of you who regularly drive 2+ hours at a time, do you have a preferred shoe? I was wearing a pair of Asics tennis shoes and it felt like the back of the sole was shaped wrong for the task.

Wetelvis

Ready to race!
Last couple years I’ve preferred bare feet ��
Most of the time on long drives I find sitting with legs opened is more the problem, try keeping legs parallel to each other. I’ve heard of people tying belt to keep parallel.
Too bad you worked so much, really is a fantastic city!!

-Dutch-

Drag Race Newbie
You're probably right. I'm 6' and if I put the seat back to keep my legs straight it feels awkward for my arms. Put it closer to keep the arms natural and my knees hit the steering wheel if I keep them straight. Steering wheel is already in the uppermost position.

Wetelvis

Ready to race!
You're probably right. I'm 6' and if I put the seat back to keep my legs straight it feels awkward for my arms. Put it closer to keep the arms natural and my knees hit the steering wheel if I keep them straight. Steering wheel is already in the uppermost position.

It’s not a natural position to sit but for long hauls on the highway it’s where I notice discomfort.
The belt trick just keeps you conscience of proper posture or alignment, at least my limited knowledge ?