GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

QI6 Flexible Servicing To Time and Distance Servicing

JHWP

Passed Driver's Ed
My car (MY14 MK7 Golf GTD) came from the factory set for flexible service intervals (longlife) with PR code QI6. I believe most or all V.W. cars now come like this and have longlife oil as a first fill in the factory. My car was changed from flexible service/QI6 to time and distance/fixed servicing by the dealer at PDI or first service but I am wondering what corresponding PR code I should be following for servicing now as the maintenance charts by V.W. use the PR codes as the reference - QI1, QI2, QI3, QI4, QI7 for fixed servicing, QI6 for flexible servicing and QI9 for fixed servicing on electric vehicles. It would seem that it would depend where you are in the world and also the quality of fuels used/available. All of this is made very clear by V.W. apart from the case of taking a QI6 PR car off flexible servicing and putting it onto time and distance/fixed servicing such as my case.

Any thoughts?

Thanks.

vwman

Go Kart Champion
My car (MY14 MK7 Golf GTD) came from the factory set for flexible service intervals (longlife) with PR code QI6. I believe most or all V.W. cars now come like this and have longlife oil as a first fill in the factory. My car was changed from flexible service/QI6 to time and distance/fixed servicing by the dealer at PDI or first service but I am wondering what corresponding PR code I should be following for servicing now as the maintenance charts by V.W. use the PR codes as the reference - QI1, QI2, QI3, QI4, QI7 for fixed servicing, QI6 for flexible servicing and QI9 for fixed servicing on electric vehicles. It would seem that it would depend where you are in the world and also the quality of fuels used/available. All of this is made very clear by V.W. apart from the case of taking a QI6 PR car off flexible servicing and putting it onto time and distance/fixed servicing such as my case.

Any thoughts?

Thanks.

Ireland is in the same market group as the UK for servicing schedules (Group A).

QI4 schedule is used for the GTD (engine code CUNA) on a 'Fixed Servicing Regime'.

Your dealer should be able to confirm this or you can check using the Infotainment screen menu or dash buttons facility for checking miles/days due to the next service.

JHWP

Passed Driver's Ed
Thanks for the info.

Is QI7 for the NAR (North American Region) market? The oil change intervals are almost identical between QI4 and QI7 but the inspection service intervals differ. QI4 being 30,000 km or 2 years then every 30,000 km or 1 year and QI7 being every 20,000 mi or 2 years.

JHWP

Passed Driver's Ed
To shed further curved light on this I checked the service information on my car this morning via the car menu. It is showing the car being due an oil change service in 10,400 km or 7 days but it is also showing the car being due an inspection service in 25,400 km or 358 days. If the car is following the QI4 service schedule then once the car is two years old (which it is) it is due an inspection service every year (or sooner if I reach the +30,000 km mark before then) and an oil change service every year (or sooner of I reach the +15,000 km mark before then). Although the distance elements differ between the oil change service and the inspection service, should they not be aligned in the time element of 1 year within the menu of the car? I will always reach the 1 year mark before the distance marks as I only drive low miles. For example I have only driven 4,600 km since the last service which was one year ago.

JHWP

Passed Driver's Ed
The service intervals in the service book gives different information to that of the information within the documents on erWin. The book says for an oil change service -
QI4 = After 15,000 km / 10,000 miles or 1 year whichever comes first
QI7 = After 10,000 miles or 1 year whichever comes first

The book says for an inspection service -
QI4 = First service after 2 years or 30,000 km / 20,000 miles whichever comes first then every 1 year or 30,000 km / 20,000 miles whichever comes first
QI7 = First service after 2 years or 30,000 km / 20,000 miles whichever comes first then every 1 year or 30,000 km / 20,000 miles whichever comes first

Here is a picture from my service book

So, according to the service book there is no difference to the oil change or inspection intervals when comparing QI4 and QI7. If there is no difference between them and they follow exactly the same intervals why do both exist? There is a difference between them in the erWin documents. So which is it Volkswagen? It can't be both... I hate conflicting information, especially official conflicting information :mad: