GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

AFS Error; “Left stationary AFS - Open Circuit”

peacefrog_0521

Passed Driver's Ed
2015 TSI SEL
Hi - I started getting an AFS error last week; I haven’t done anything with the AFS since at least October.

The lights still work, and they even swivel-to-side when driving, and up-and-down when started. After the initial self-check, the error message comes on with the yellow triangle.

I wasn’t able to do the Basic Settings and Acknowledge commands until yesterday when I was able to get another Android and reload OBD11.

However that doesn’t seem to have helped. The car still gives the AFS Error message.

When I looked at the associated Faults screen, it gives “Left stationary AFS - Open Circuit”.

Any clues as to what I should look at that might produce an open circuit, and where it might be? Maybe just a blown fuse or bulb? The fog light used for static AFS appear to be working.

I took a screenshot of the fault code but I’m waiting for it to upload before I can post it here.

Thx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

peacefrog_0521

Passed Driver's Ed
2015 TSI SEL
Hi - I started getting an AFS error last week; I haven’t done anything with the AFS since at least October.

The lights still work, and they even swivel-to-side when driving, and up-and-down when started. After the initial self-check, the error message comes on with the yellow triangle.

I wasn’t able to do the Basic Settings and Acknowledge commands until yesterday when I was able to get another Android and reload OBD11.

However that doesn’t seem to have helped. The car still gives the AFS Error message.

When I looked at the associated Faults screen, it gives “Left stationary AFS - Open Circuit”.

Any clues as to what I should look at that might produce an open circuit, and where it might be? Maybe just a blown fuse or bulb? The fog light used for static AFS appear to be working.

I took a screenshot of the fault code but I’m waiting for it to upload before I can post it here.

Thx

Fault code screen

Sent from my GT-I9195L using Tapatalk

ZERO815

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
Check the H7 bulb for left cornering lights. It’s most likely burned.