GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Opinions Wanted: Price Quote for 2018 MK7.5 Golf R and 2018 7.5 GTI Midwest Region

FrankPro666

Spoke with a few dealers in the North Dakota, Montana, South Dakota, Minnesota area.

Good deal, Yeh or Nay?

"Without any incentive discounts"

2018 White Silver GTI SE w/ leather seating and manual transmission. 33,069.25 including all doc, registration, sales tax, etc.

2018 Indium Grey Golf R w/ manual transmission
42,865.75 again including all doc, registration, sales tax, etc.

vj123

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
19 & 16 GTI - sold
Can provide the following to rate the deal.
MSRP
Selling price excluding TTL
Dealer doc fee (if any)

vj123

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
19 & 16 GTI - sold
I think its a decent deal for newly launched MY vehicles. Not many reports have been made in the forum about MK7.5s deals, so its very difficult to compare.

DC area dealers offer one of the cheapest deals in the country. If it was me, i would contact few of them to judge the waters.

Ftrv8

They have info on 18 Golf R orders?

The few dealers I spoke (Seattle area) with don’t have any info, markup and no special order.

Weird. I’d love to special order.

My CA dealers act so snobbish. No real answers and all have markups.

blue-sun

Car(s)
2021 GTI SE
I’m local to that Elgin dealership. I called over there yesterday to see if the manual 2018’s were in stock or in transit. Got confirmation that stock*#1104, #1103 and #1098 are in and being prepped and will be ready by this weekend.

tknj99

Ready to race!
Spoke with a few dealers in the North Dakota, Montana, South Dakota, Minnesota area.

Good deal, Yeh or Nay?

"Without any incentive discounts"

2018 White Silver GTI SE w/ leather seating and manual transmission. 33,069.25 including all doc, registration, sales tax, etc.

2018 Indium Grey Golf R w/ manual transmission
42,865.75 again including all doc, registration, sales tax, etc.

To put in direct comparison to a 2017 SE 6MT with lighting package OTD price purchased 6 months ago was $27.5

vj123

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
19 & 16 GTI - sold
I don't know they are giving you that price quote on an R. The MSRP isn't even right.

Dealer might have quoted the MSRP excluding Destination fee as in VW's Order sheet.

CosmosMpower

Ready to race!
Dealer might have quoted the MSRP excluding Destination fee as in VW's Order sheet.

I find it weird and annoying (borderline unethical) that many VW dealers quote the MSRP of the car without destination online. It's an item on the window sticker and a bottom line component of the MSRP.

Whatever the price listed is it seems like you always have to add 820-850.

Jumpy

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
'18 GTI Autobahn
I'm pretty sure they're required to put an * next to the price, followed by...

*plus 850 destination

A lot of car websites do that.

vj123

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
19 & 16 GTI - sold
I find it weird and annoying (borderline unethical) that many VW dealers quote the MSRP of the car without destination online. It's an item on the window sticker and a bottom line component of the MSRP.

Whatever the price listed is it seems like you always have to add 820-850.

Yes it is. Since its included in the window sticker, it should be a part of listed MSRP. Its just another tactics used by marketing to deceive uneducated customers.