GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

KC Dubs

SpeedieGTI

Go Kart Champion
Starting a new thread here for fellow Mk7 owners in the KC area. I traded in my 2011 Mk6 dsg autobahn for my 2015 Mk7 dsg SE with lighting package last week and couldn't be happier!

We have a great VW/Audi group in KC called KC Dubs. Check us out on facebook. :cool:

SpeedieGTI

Go Kart Champion
Welcome aboard Speedie, I'm on the group page myself it's good to see other locals on here.
Hello there! Got any plans for the car? Maybe just a tune for me this time. I went all out on my mk6....this car doesn't need much though. -EU

Internexus

Ready to race!
I'm keeping it very simple right now as I bought the vehicle outright and that didn't leave a lot leftover to play with, so far I've had the car tinted and just ordered some monster mats yesterday, if I see some positive results for the Magnaflow catback I may go that route.

SpeedieGTI

Go Kart Champion
I'm keeping it very simple right now as I bought the vehicle outright and that didn't leave a lot leftover to play with, so far I've had the car tinted and just ordered some monster mats yesterday, if I see some positive results for the Magnaflow catback I may go that route.

Wow, congrats on having the car paid off! I will be buying this one for several years but it's so nice that I don't even mind. The magnaflow sounds like it may actually provide some performance gains. I will keep up with the reviews of it as well. On my Mk6 GTI the catback was more of a noisemaker than anything. I had a AWE Tuning cbe mated to a UR high flow catted downpipe and it sounded amazing! My Mk7 is going to be a much more refined experience so I may just leave the exhaust alone this time around...never say never though!

Internexus

Ready to race!
Your reference to your MK6's exhaust being for noise only is what seems to be the case so far with what I've been reading for the MK7. If there aren't any decent improvements in hp/tq as well as mpg then I won't bother with it. I do however want to get a VAG-COM cable here at some point to take advantage of some of the disabled features.

It's hard to keep from modding your vehicles at times, since I don't have a daily driver anymore I'm hoping that will keep me in check.. haha!

SpeedieGTI

Go Kart Champion
The downpipe did add some power with stage 2 tune on my mk6 but not just a cat back like the magnaflow. Bolt on parts do seem to benefit this Mk7 more at least from my initial research. The larger tips and improved sound could be worth the expense someday but it's not a priority.

Internexus

Ready to race!
A downpipe would be a great upgrade but the price of them is a bit outrageous, and that's saying something as I come from the 3000gt/Stealth platform where everything is ridiculously priced. :p

SpeedieGTI

Go Kart Champion
A downpipe would be a great upgrade but the price of them is a bit outrageous, and that's saying something as I come from the 3000gt/Stealth platform where everything is ridiculously priced. :p

Well a downpipe can be expensive but not always. I started with a Raceland non-catted dp for $200 which worked quite well. I did start to feel bad about the smell with the windows down. A friend of mine sold me a brand new Ultimate Racing dp with 400 cell high flow cat for $300 and that was an awesome dp. Just don't drink the APR kool-aid on hardware and you can find some good deals! Most dp's are very similar in design and function. Before too long there will be tons of options for the Mk7.

I'm honestly not too interested in doing much at all with this car. Still considering a OBD tune versus the plug-in tune box type option. I wish we had a Unitronic dealer close by... With all the drama at APR I don't think I want to go that route this time.

turboteig1

BLACK.jpg

Internexus

Ready to race!
Well a downpipe can be expensive but not always. I started with a Raceland non-catted dp for $200 which worked quite well. I did start to feel bad about the smell with the windows down. A friend of mine sold me a brand new Ultimate Racing dp with 400 cell high flow cat for $300 and that was an awesome dp. Just don't drink the APR kool-aid on hardware and you can find some good deals! Most dp's are very similar in design and function. Before too long there will be tons of options for the Mk7.

I'm honestly not too interested in doing much at all with this car. Still considering a OBD tune versus the plug-in tune box type option. I wish we had a Unitronic dealer close by... With all the drama at APR I don't think I want to go that route this time.

So much truth in this post... It almost seems like you will get attacked if you aren't swinging from APR's nuts like the rest of the fanboys.

Nyanga

Ready to race!
Inter nexus,

What are "monster mats"?